Acer 4520 Gemstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunzz

Broken In
Was trying to configure a friends Acer 4520. Great cool lappy and VFM 200%
Could install Win XP and Ubuntu Gusty on it

On Win XP everything got configured. Am having issues with Bluetooth. Though the drivers from the CD got loaded and the bluetooth icons is available in both the control panel and the taskbar, whenever I try to configure it, it says 'bluetooth device not found'. :( I thought the lappy had bluetooth device inbuilt?? Was trying to set it up with a bluetooth enabled mobile.

Can anyone throw some light on it?? :-| how to configure the lappy in Win XP to connect to a mobile with the bluetooth.

TIA

vish786

"The Gentleman"
i bought an Acer Extensa 5210 for 25K & gave it to uncle, are acer lappies good since they are cheap ? i have doubt regarding quality in product ?

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^^^^ wat doubt u hav regardin quality???
me too has an acer 4710 lappy n quality-wise its good.

any1 know if acer 4710G (havin ATI graphic card) available in india???

gunzz

Broken In
My friend went in for the Acer 4520 as he earlier had an acer lappy for about two years without any issues. As for build quality, the current gemstone design looks great - plus has a sturdy feeling too. And at 30K one cant really ask for better. I have checked out/used Compaq 6608AU (34K) and HP 6602 (43K) - and the Acer 4520 feels better than both. One has to just get used to the off white keyboard in the Acer as one constantly gets the feeling that this may get dirty quicker. Acer has got it right with 4520:cool::cool:

dericdominic

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I have been searching for a budget laptop for quite some time now and my search has now narrowed down to this.

I am confused on whether to buy the acer 4520 or the compaq f733au.

Both these models have the same specs but differ in the following

compaq: no bluetooth, harddisk 120 GB cost 26,500
acer: bluetooth, harddisk 160 GB cost 26,800

I am leaning towards the compaq because of its build quality and looks. Do you people feel the same ? :confused:

gopz

In the zone
f733au also has 15.4 in. screen which makes it a litter better than 4520

That depends on individual preference...because, end of the day both these laptops have a resolution of 1280 x 800 so it wont make a difference. But I prefer the 14.1" because of portability

If the 15.4" had a better resolution, then I would have opted for that.

That depends on individual preference...because, end of the day both these laptops have a resolution of 1280 x 800 so it wont make a difference. But I prefer the 14.1" because of portability

If the 15.4" had a better resolution, then I would have opted for that.
+1.
so acer has more disc space, bluetooth, more portability, same resolution, better looks.

so do we have a winner ?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom