[Query] ace tele shop - any feedback?!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello everyone!

i had purchased a Binatone Senior Citizen's cellphone from ace tele shop on ebay (present as 'aceteleshop' on ebay) last year. its charger has now developed a fault, and Binatone's service centre here in Mumbai said that they don't look into the faults of cellphones, but only telephones. i then contacted ATS through phone, and i was told by a lady on the other side that you can send in your charger to us, which we would inspect, and would replace it with a new one if reqd., and then send it back to you. however, she said that you will have to send everything purchased from us, ie, even the cellphone itself (which is fault-free), so that we will inspect that as well, and take any corrective action for the handset too, if need be. i then politely objected to it, but she said that its according to company's rules, and the service-personnel would require the handset too for a comprehensive test. i affirmed to her, but this has created some doubt in my mind, hence am writing here. tried to search google for some reviews, but have found only very few, (negative) ones. does anyone here have any experience of dealing with them before? even if not, what do you suggest, should i go ahead and ship the bundle to them? any preventive actions in that case? like, am thinking of taking some snaps with date & time signature on them before dispatching the phone, and send an email about the contents that am sending to them. please advise further.

thanks!

P.S. - i am unable to find the invoice of the purchase too.

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Since it was purchased from eBay you should be able to retrieve the invoice from your registered email ID.

As for the conditions laid down by these folks you might have to abide by them if you wish to perform an RMA.

Taking snapshots would be a prudent move.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks for the reply TP! so would act as per their instructions, albeit treading cautiously.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
happy and glad to conclude this thread here by telling you that am highly pleased with ace teleshop's service! i had sent the phone and its charger as i was asked to do (after taking the pics), and received the whole package back in top-notch condition a few days back, with the issue rectified! i had been wary the whole time-period; however, they were very prompt in communication, and i wasn't taken for granted, even though they were not to gain any monetary worth from this. also, by the time the products had reached them, the warranty had expired. even then they looked after the problem. thumbs up for ace teleshop! :doublethumb:

Top Bottom