Accessing 3g internet using 6630 mobile.

bobgalee

Broken In
I am having a old nokia 6630 mobile with me. (which is discontinued now) Is it possible to access internet using this mobile phone using a 3g sim. (since it supports both EDGE and 3G) If so how.

Kindly guide the procedure.

Thanks.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok so nokia 6630 support 3g uptill 384kbps (like docomo support 21mbps)

but u can still use 3g on ur phone.

its very easy actually...if u buy a docomo sim then its already 3g ready...soo just recharge with any 3g topup and u r done

if u want bsnl one...get a 3g sim...recharge with one of the FRC amount :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid

and ur 3g will get activated

sujoyp

Grand Master
That's 3G without HSDPA :)
And difference between EDGE and 3G(without HSDPA) is very small.

but i think 3g connection is much stable then edge...

And at least he would get a download speed of 40KBps in EDGE it goes just nearly 10-15Kbps

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ didn't got you. what you mean by Stable. is it the fluctuation we have in Edge network (30kbps & suddenly speed comes down to 1kbps?).

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
But which area does the OP stay in??
Only BSNL has license in all circles right ;)

Moreover the difference in speeds b/w Edge and 3G( Without HSDPA) isn't much. So why pay a premium over Edge tariffs and get almost same speeds.

@OP
I would say, stick to EDGE plans, since the difference won't be much with 3G on your mobile. You can save a lot of money when compared to 3G data plans.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ didn't got you. what you mean by Stable. is it the fluctuation we have in Edge network (30kbps & suddenly speed comes down to 1kbps?).

yaah U thought absolutely right...Edge speed fluctuates a lot in my place..sometimes things open quickly and sometimes it takes too much time..

I have used docomo 3g and bsnl 3g both r very good..

I would say I dont have experience in 3g without HSDPA soo cant say how bad it is.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^
Edge - 237 kbps
3G - 384 kbps
I don't think he will feel a good boost in performance.

And hows the speed in TATA DOCOMO 3G??? And data plans??? I too am a DOCOMO user :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
actually in EDGE we get speed of around 25kbps max. that too fluctuate lot. now if 3G can provide continuous speed of 100Kbps, its good.

sujoyp

Grand Master
And hows the speed in TATA DOCOMO 3G??? And data plans??? I too am a DOCOMO user

I have used DOCOMO 3g when they were giving 200mb free:mrgreen:

Speed is good for day-to-day use...but obviously u dont want it for downloads coz there r no unlimited plans
Tata DOCOMO 3G Plans | 3G Prepaid & Postpaid Plans | 3G Data Card | Tata DOCOMO

kamal_saran

android lover
insert any 3g sim with 3g internet activated on it. And switch on your mobile. Go in tools settings network type select dual mode. If you have good 3g range in your area then You will see a 3g symbol rather than times old tower signal.

Top Bottom