Accept payment through website

ravindarjobs

Broken In
Hi,

i am planning to start a website where i will sell a very few products.
so my requirement is that i need to accept payment from my website.

so how do i proceed? i expect my sales would be just 5-10 products a day.

do i need to go for my personal Merchant account?

infact i dont know what options actually are there.

my requirement is i need to accept payment thru netbanking and creditcards.

Juventis1981

Broken In
Here are a few pointers:
1)CC avenue:Has quite a good number of net banking, debit cards and credit cards payment options. But their transaction costs are pretty high as high as 4-5%. A lot of large websites like fernsnpetals, myDala use this.For higher volumes they have transaction costs upto 3%
2)EBS: A good service provider but limited netbanking options to the five largest banks.(SBI, ICICI, HDFC, Axis and citi are included) But it has some of the highest number of options in debit cards.But they seem to have the lowest transaction costs in the industry as low as 3.25 %. Some of the good sites like Flipkart, Indiamart, FishTheDeal use their services.
3)TimesofMoney direcpay: A good number of payment options , but had some service issues initially.As such they have equally good transaction costs like EBS. I do not know the sites which have been using this.
Most of the sites which I have used had either EBS or CCavenues but since Direcpay is a big player it too should have an impressive list of clients

Personal merchant account wouldn't be something I would suggest if you are starting out now>look for these payment gateways, they require a good amount of paper work but since most of them are PCI compliant they just follow the rules. keep all your leagl paers like memorandum, rent agreement etc in place to get approved by them.

For international payments nothings beats paypal. And if it ever enters India, It would kill the above competition.

Hope this helps

Here are a few pointers:
1)CC avenue:Has quite a good number of net banking, debit cards and credit cards payment options. But their transaction costs are pretty high as high as 5-7%. A lot of large websites like fernsnpetals, myDala use this.For higher volumes they have transaction costs upto 3%.

2)EBS: A good service provider but limited netbanking options to the five largest banks.(SBI, ICICI, HDFC, Axis and citi are included) But it has some of the highest number of options in debit cards.But they seem to have the lowest transaction costs in the industry as low as 3.25 %. Some of the sites like Flipkart, Indiamart, FishTheDeal use their services.

3)TimesofMoney direcpay: A good number of payment options , but had some service issues initially.As such they have equally good transaction costs like EBS. I do not know the sites which have been using this.
Most of the sites which I have used had either EBS or CCavenues but since Direcpay is a big player it too should have an impressive list of clients

Personal merchant account wouldn't be something I would suggest if you are starting out now,look for these payment gateways, they require a good amount of paper work but since most of them are PCI compliant they just follow the rules. keep all your legal papers like memorandum, rent agreement etc in place to get approved by them.

For international payments nothings beats paypal. And if it ever enters India, It would kill the above competition.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
CCavenue seems to be best...
But why all have a huge setup fee, annual fee and minimum deposit.

I wish, we had something similar like PayPal

Top Bottom