ACADEMY AWARDS...And the award goes to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slumdog Millionaire wins the ACADEMY AWARDS including 7 other categories!

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE wins in 7 categories out of 10 nominations so far...

1. Film Editing - Chris Dickens
2. Sound Mixing - Ian Tapp, Richard Pryke and Resul Pookutty
3. Cinematography - Anthony Dod Mantle
4. Writing (Adapted Screenplay) - Simon Beaufoy
5. Music (Score) - A.R. Rahman
6. Music (Song) "Jai Ho" - A.R. Rahman
7. Directing - Danny Boyle

So far so good..

source:*www.oscar.com/

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Finally, it's 8/10 and actually, it should 8/9 as Rahman had double nomination in Best song category

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I dont think people should be so hyped about how many oscars Slumdog won. Only 3 are coming back to India. I earnestly thought that Mickey Rourke not getting best Actor was a waste. I mean, cummon, its one of the best pieces of showmanship I have ever seen.

Kudos to Rahman. I personally thought his Slumdog score was one of his worse ones. I am sure Rahman would have had a clean sweep for all the nominations if they had Roja,Dil SE and Delhi 6 in the nominations.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kudos to Rahman. I personally thought his Slumdog score was one of his worse ones. I am sure Rahman would have had a clean sweep for all the nominations if they had Roja,Dil SE and Delhi 6 in the nominations.
Yup, even I thought the same. Not to forget 'Rang de Basanti.' ;)

Pragadheesh

In the zone
dats rocking..!! Congrats,to AR Rahman,he created history. first indian to win oscar dat too he it didn't stop wid one.!!![:)]by d way he spoke in hindi "Mere paas ma hai" as well as in tamil "ella pugalum kadavuleke"...
proud to be an indian....

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Great stuff indeed. However, there's a sour feeling in all of this, not because the director is British but rather because of the douchebag attitude of all the idiot news presenters on Headlines Today, India TV and the likes and shameless bollywood actors who've displayed their true profession of being two faced actors. Right until two weeks ago, pretty much half the news channels were harping about how SM was degrading to Indian culture and portraying all the wrong bits. A certain dickhead actor even went as far as classifying SM as a "rubbish" film and completely panned it as "un-Indian". Now that AR Rahman, Pookutty and the entire gang have bagged a spectacular haul of 8 awards, the same morons are reveling in the glory and have completely changed their stance. I wouldn't be surprised if these *******s go back to their original stance after the hype dies down in the coming weeks and months.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ They are always like that. If bashing is the word of the day, they would bash even without knowing what the thing is. If praise is the word of the day, they would praise as if nothing like it has ever happened.

That's why the difference between politics and cinema industry is becoming thinner and thinner.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
This SDM nonsense is getting more and more irritating. Hope people would stop talking abt it now! OVERDOSE since Golden Globe!!! SD fatigue!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Personally I feel SM is not a film that deserved to win 8 oscars. There are many better films made in India that SM. There are better songs than 'Jai ho'. It is too much hype. I may sound racist but SM won only because of a British director. If it was directed by someone from India then I think it wouldn't have got a single nomination at the Oscars. Think logically and neutrally if this has the story to get the best picture award. Only one question regarding the story: Why does everything bad have to happen to the main character of the film since childhood? This is a major flaw in the story.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
well all films nominated had flaws.and i ask anyone here to recommend me a "indian" movie that has not been made without any commercial intent.i watch atleast 1/3 of all the movies each year but never before SM did anyone make a movie so tight.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Personally I feel SM is not a film that deserved to win 8 oscars. There are many better films made in India that SM. There are better songs than 'Jai ho'. It is too much hype. I may sound racist but SM won only because of a British director. If it was directed by someone from India then I think it wouldn't have got a single nomination at the Oscars. Think logically and neutrally if this has the story to get the best picture award. Only one question regarding the story: Why does everything bad have to happen to the main character of the film since childhood? This is a major flaw in the story.

the reason that this movie went to oscars is coz it's made by hollywood studio.

Don't forget that Night Shyamalan also had two of his movies nominated for oscars. ~snipped~

Last edited by a moderator:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
the reason that this movie went to oscars is coz it's made by hollywood studio.

Don't forget that Night Shyamalan also had two of his movies nominated for oscars. so, stop this bullshit!!!

I have my personal opinion and I am free to express my views. I am not forcing my views to anyone. So stop using your abusive language ('bullshit', as you say).:mad:

BTW, this is a very good and unbiased review of SM.:)

*greatbong.net/2008/12/29/slumdog-millionaire-the-review/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom