about i5-3570 (non-k) and Intel® Desktop Board DZ75ML-45K

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
its not a complete build
because i only want cpu and motherboard purpose is to aquire best bang for buck cpu-mobo combo

i am kind of fan of value for money of these (below) parts
i want to buy i5-3570 (non-k) @13.5k and intel DZ75ML-45K @4.5k

i want to know how in this world its happening
z75 board @4.5k ? the what i am seeing ?

so mine question is why this board is cheaper than b75 boards ?
Intel® Desktop Board DZ75ML-45K

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i can manage max around 18k after selling my current 1090t cpu + motherboard + 4GB vengence ram + piggy bank money :D

now a days i only use it for programing and music only (bored of gaming)
i don't want to miss thus deal that is why i am buying it

i may add a graphics card next year and may overclock it to 3.8-4.2ghz but not now

other parts left after selling current board and cpu are
4GB gskill sniper 1600mhz cl9 1.5v ram
fsp sega 2 500 smps
160GB wd blue hdd
lg sata dvd drive
cheap intex cabinet

actually i can't control myself from buying this z75 board and i5 cpu because these are currently giving best bang for money

i am only worry about board
why it is still this much cheap ? though i didn't find any bad reviews about it :?

one more reason is that i want an efficient cpu
because my phenom produce too much heat and this much heat makes my room hot as hell :p
i5-3570 with tdp of 77w seems very efficient and powerfull (i will undervolt it for more efficiency)
thus i want to have it

ankush28

Bazinga
i may add a graphics card next year and may overclock it to 3.8-4.2ghz but not now

Lol :facepalm: which graphic card can be overclocked to even around 3GHz:eek::confused::rolleyes: usual limit is 1.5GHz.

I think you should keep the VFM factor aside and go for i5-4430/4670+gigabyte B85-D3H board

TDP is not all about power consumption buddy

rock2702

Padawan
If you are not too much into gaming, I would advice you to keep your current setup.Add 4gb of memory and get a mid end gpu later if you want to game.Phenom is a very capable cpu.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Lol :facepalm: which graphic card can be overclocked to even around 3GHz:eek::confused::rolleyes: usual limit is 1.5GHz.

I think you should keep the VFM factor aside and go for i5-4430/4670+gigabyte B85-D3H board

TDP is not all about power consumption buddy
18k is the max that i can arrange and i5-4430 + b85 costs 19.5k and does not overclock (or maybe non z overclocking is there)

i can't keep its vfm factor aside because this the the reason of this upgrade/switch
phenom 1090t is already capable of doing everything i throw at it
but can't miss this deal :D

i may add a graphics card next year and may
overclock [strike]it[/strike] *cpu* to 3.8-4.2ghz but not now
i mean to overclock cpu to 3.8ghz :D
this over excitement made me to eat the word "cpu" :p

If you are not too much into gaming, I would advice you to keep your current setup.Add 4gb of memory and get a mid end gpu later if you want to game.Phenom is a very capable cpu.

yes, phenom is enough for me but i want to get my hands on an i5, thats one of the reason for this switching (other reasons are vfm, efficiency, i5, z75 @ cheap price)

i am only concerned about board's quality, 4+2 phase, z75, stuffed with features, and costs only 4.5k
this much cheapness made me to think if its good or not
does anybody know if there is any bad in this board ? (so far sounds like its a great board :) )

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i5 - 4430 @ 13.25k
Asus H81M-A/C/E or any other H81M based motherboard currently available on newegg at $65 so you can get one around ~4.5k here.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
which mobo do you have currently?
why do you want to buy a cpu which is "overclock" limited by intel and want to overclock?
my suggestion- if your current mobo cant be good for overclocking, buy better mobo and a cooler and overclock your cpu freely without the limitation applicable to intel cpus.
You are simply wasting money for nothing. Atleast wait for steamroller to come up. Dont go for EOLed processor line up.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i5 - 4430 @ 13.25k
Asus H81M-A/C/E or any other H81M based motherboard currently available on newegg at $65 so you can get one around ~4.5k here.
i can't give up overclocking, i.e, i want overclocking headroom
overclocking is fun :D

in 18-19k
i5-4430 ~ 12k
Gigabyte/asus B85 mobo ~ 6k
4430 have 3ghz and with non-z chipset it will be limited to 3ghz only (not considering bclk overclock)
but 3570 with z75 can go upto 3.8ghz thus better performance (at stock and at overclock setting)
so performance wise 3570 is providing better bang for money
higher clocked haswell costs more

which mobo do you have currently?
why do you want to buy a cpu which is "overclock" limited by intel and want to overclock?
my suggestion- if your current mobo cant be good for overclocking, buy better mobo and a cooler and overclock your cpu freely without the limitation applicable to intel cpus.
You are simply wasting money for nothing. Atleast wait for steamroller to come up. Dont go for EOLed processor line up.

currently i have phenom 2 x6 1090t on ga880gm-d2h (rev3.1) board
i can stabily overclock 1090t to 3.6ghz@1.3v, 4.0ghz@1.425v and 4.2ghz@1.5v

3570 is overclock limited but 3.8ghz on 3570 will be enough and 3570k version is out of budget and i don't want to hit high overclocks

since i want overclocking for fun and 3570 is overclockable (little bit) and has gery less tdp thus i want to have it

yes its kind of wastage of money because it will be almost equal to 1090t in multi threading
but i want an i5 + overclockable (little bit)

btw thanks to all for other options :)

:? though my main question is why this intel z75 board costs 4.5k only? ( i kind of fond of thi board's vfm factor :D )

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel DZ75ML-45K not costs 4.5k everywhehe [ only on FK I guess ] but if you want to pay more for it for whatever reason there is :D you can get it from theitdepot, snapdeal etc. anyway, the z75 chipset though supports OC but that mobo entirely is not a very OC friendly solution - just having a look at it will tell you this but for starter no vrm cooling, EC caps.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, 1090T is a pretty capable processor and at a speed of 4.2 GHz, it can surely match the gaming performance of the cheap i5 processors and beat them in multi-threaded workloads. There is no point of upgrading right now, specially with a EOL product series. After 1 and half year, you won't find a motherboard of Ivy Bridge if something goes wrong in future.
What you can do is sell of your old motherboard which is not meant for high overclocking and get a good AM3+ motherboard like Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K or Asus M5A99FX Pro 2.0 @ 11.5K.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
^ @4.2ghz it consumes more than 200w which is a little bit high :D
yes, performance wise there is very little point but i5 will consume less power without compromising performance :))
btw, thanks for am3+ suggestion
its time to switch to intel :D
After 1 and half year, you won't find a motherboard of Ivy Bridge if something goes wrong in future.
board's vfm is encouraging me to take this risk :))
i found many threads praising about DZ75ML-45K but no reviews yet (nor on flipkart, though everyone rated it as 5star) :(

seems like i have to try out the board to get to know its quality
and i will surely review it ;)

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Then wiat for some times for prices to be reduced a little.

that will be a good idea, as INR is gaining strength thus it sounds like prices will reduce a little
i may be able to get the 'k' version in current price of non-k :p (it was available at 13.5k on 8 august but now its over 14k )

i hope they will keep DZ75ML-45K in stock as intel already listed it as EOLed :eek:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
for your kind of works,i repeat not to take an intel eoled lineup for just just the sake of power consumption. Intel rig will not decrease your electricity bill drastically. Again it is not the way to spend the hard earned money.money is not something like to be spent on each and everything you want and you need. SAVE IT.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
ever since i saw this board i started saving for this board (though some other expenses also occured like outrider knife, mtb bycycle, crisis 3 etc)
but still looks like i can get enough cash to buy i5

it sounds like wastage of 19k
but it is exchanging (1090t + 880g am3+ + 4GB vengence + 4k) with (i5 + z75)
only a little bit loss

there is a little modification in plan, that is i may buy i5-3570k instead of non-k (if price drop occurs)

:) i will surely save money after buying these parts (can't promise though :)) )

Nighthawk12

In the zone
TBf, If you're buying non k 3rd gen processor then buy i5 3470 it's at that segment it's costs 1.5k cheaper than an i5 3570 and the difference is just 0.2ghz. (NOTHING ELSE HD 4000 is on i5 3570K not 3570). And for getting i5 3570k and overclocking it you need a good z77 board.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, for ocing a 3rd gen intel core cpu a good mobo with decent number and quality of vrm is required as the vrm is still on the mobo unlike haswell and don't forget the role of vrm cooling if you are really interested in coing but if you want to try your hands on a Eoled Intel z75 board and k cpu for test and review purpose :D feel free to do it for your fellow forum members :)

Top Bottom