Aadhaar related news and discussion

quicky008

Technomancer
so has the mandatory adhaar linking deadline been really extended beyond march 31st?i have a couple of mobile numbers that are yet to be adhaar linked-are services to these numbers likely to be stopped if they aren't adhaar linked by today?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Mobile operators should've disabled their automatic SMS sending system to link their Aadhaar by 31st, after the SC's last verdict - or atleast they should've communicated that no need to link Aadhaar by 31st. But they didn't!!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
While technically it is not mandatory, everybody is under immense pressure from government to get linked with Aadhar. So claiming that it is optional, they will continue pestering for it. I think the government and its minions believe ultimately Aadhaar linking will be allowed by Supreme Court with some cosmetic face saving additional 'safe guards'.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Is it safe to keep mAadhar app installed on device?
Device is rooted and it's Redmi note 4.
Any suggestions??
Though I have used app lock and app have its own lock. And everytime accessing Aadhar it's send SMS to registered number.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have one idea and another vodafone connection - vodafone never bothers me by calling / texting about aadhar link but everyday idea sends 2- 3 messages.

Maadhar works with xposed root hide module but once asked on a train's general compartment showed the RPF guys printed copy of aadhar later. They don't have much knowledge about maadhar app ;)

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
The app won't even work on rooted phones.
For me mAadhar app is working on rooted phone.
(Also works when root not hidden)

I use magisk module.
Also there is option, magisk hide, hiding root for individual apps. I used it for Jio, payment apps, some other bank apps.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
To avoid giving your actual 12 digit aadhaar number for things like sim verification etc.Virtual aadhaar number is 16 digit & disposable(aka once you generate another virtual aadhaar number the previous one will be expired though any verification did using now expired virtual aadhaar will remain).
Tried linking a number with aadhar card but the ivr is not accepting 16 digits.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So what steps should we take against govt. of India for linking our Aadhaar to mobile nos. and bank accounts etc. as they lied for the same for being mandatory and all?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^All these issues are being discussed already.

In fact, Government of India just gave instructions to telecom operators, asking them to do it the old fashioned way: Aadhaar not must for mobile SIM, says govt
Also, according to the Supreme Court order, the "deadline" for linking Aadhaar to bank accounts and SIM cards has been indefinitely extended: After SC order, you DON'T need to link mobile, bank account with Aadhaar by March 31: Everything to know

UIDAI did not say link mobile number and bank account. They just provide the service, so there is no one point of contention, any action has to be initiated against the individual entities that require the linking.

Linking to bank accounts was made compulsory as a measure to prevent money laundering. The original ruling is in this Gazette.

Top Bottom