Aadhaar related news and discussion

quicky008

Technomancer
^Thanks a lot for the link-i was able to successfully validate my signature in the eadhaar file by following the given insturctions using adobe reader.After validation adobe shows "signature valid"every time i open the same file,but when i open it using any other app such as Ms Edge,sumatra pdf reader etc it still shows "signature not verified"with the yellow question mark in the background.Why is it still happening?Have the changes not been saved properly?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because the steps you followed imported the digital signing authority's identity only in Adobe reader.You will have to repeat this procedure for any other pdf app.System wide recognition of any digital certificate requires that either it is signed by a globally recognized authority(e.g.symantec,comodo etc) or you manually add the digital certificate in system's trusted root certificates store(I advice you not to do it unless you know exactly what you are doing & have a very good reason for doing it).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
There's an option to lock your biometrics in UIDAI site. But i wonder, how many will know that.
Once you've locked, your credentials can't be used anywhere even you, unless you unlock it in their site.
Yup, I don't have Aadhaar myself, but tried it for a friend, it does not work, the page just keeps loading. 3-4 other people also said it does not work.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, I don't have Aadhaar myself, but tried it for a friend, it does not work, the page just keeps loading. 3-4 other people also said it does not work.
How come you don't have Aadhaar,have you not filled your income tax return or having any insurance policy?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Filed the returns, guess it is not processed yet, have pre-existing policies, donno their status yet. Plan to get one soon though.

quicky008

Technomancer
My mother and sister enrolled for adhaar way back in 2012 but their adhaar cards still haven't been issued.Someone told me because of some technical glitch,a lot of people didn't get their adhaar cards and so they need to enrol for adhaar once again from scratch.But how's one supposed to do that? Earlier,adhaar services were provided by the local panchayat office at my place(i live in a rural area)but they too have long since stopped them.

Is it possible for someone to apply for adhaar directly at UIDAI's website?Or is there any alternate recourse for this?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Linking pan card & aadhaar is mandatory without which IT return would not have been filed successfully(at least online). Also IRDA has made to cumpulsory to link all insurance policies with Aadhaar( Irda makes Aadhaar mandatory for insurance policies ).

You are required to link PAN with Aadhaar for now despite SC ruling on privacy: Experts

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Linking pan card & aadhaar is mandatory without which IT return would not have been filed successfully(at least online). Also IRDA has made to cumpulsory to link all insurance policies with Aadhaar( Irda makes Aadhaar mandatory for insurance policies ).

You are required to link PAN with Aadhaar for now despite SC ruling on privacy: Experts
Linking pan with aadhaar card for filing returns was mandatory from August 1, previous date was 1st July I guess. Anyways I have seen many people who were able to file returns without linking the same.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe those people filed their return in the period between SC ruling in june saying those who haven't applied for Aadhaar yet may file their return without linking pan & aadhaar to SC ruling in Aug that held privacy as a fundamental right.In any case,unless SC rules otherwise in aadhaar related petitions coming for hearing in Jan end/Feb beginning,all those persons will have to link their aadhaar & pan for next financial year IT returns etc.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah, returns filed in that period.

My mother and sister enrolled for adhaar way back in 2012 but their adhaar cards still haven't been issued.Someone told me because of some technical glitch,a lot of people didn't get their adhaar cards and so they need to enrol for adhaar once again from scratch.But how's one supposed to do that? Earlier,adhaar services were provided by the local panchayat office at my place(i live in a rural area)but they too have long since stopped them.

Is it possible for someone to apply for adhaar directly at UIDAI's website?Or is there any alternate recourse for this?

Wow. Really don't know. Not sure if it is possible to sign up for Aadhaar twice, as application might get rejected on second attempt. This is really sad.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Do you have the enrollment id's/numbers of the first enrollments? If yes then mark a mail to your state's uidai office and ask them for an explanation. If they tell you that the applications were rejected due to some xyz reason then tell them to send their team at your place for the enrollments. You have a right to ask them to do so.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

If you have the enrollment no. send a DM to their twitter handle or you can e-mail them.
I think you mother and sister can enroll again as it's been 6 years since they enrolled so new enrollment shall be just fine.

I applied for linking Aadhaar with a phone no ( for ekyc otp ) and my family members also did the same. But their no. linked within a week but mine was over 2 week and still no sign of progress. So i first DMed uidai but got no response as this can take long so just e-mailed them. Voila ! next day while I checked I found out that the linkage has been completed.

BTW, you need to see a permanent aadhaar enrollment center now - you can get address for your locale on uidai / aadhaar website ).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Most of the service providers have given an option to link aadhar via OTP.
For instance, Vodafone --> Link Aadhaar with your Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile Number | Vodafone India
Need for airtel, guess they haven't started yet. Their cc said to mail to know about the process.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Need for airtel, guess they haven't started yet. Their cc said to mail to know about the process.
India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in

You can just call 14546(tollfree) and link Aadhar via OTP. Seems 14546 is common to all telcos.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in

You can just call 14546(tollfree) and link Aadhar via OTP. Seems 14546 is common to all telcos.
I tried by the OTP SMS comes after like 20-30 seconds. In the meanwhile the IVR will say "We did not receive any input" or something. This will happen 3 times and then the call gets cut.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
I tried by the OTP SMS comes after like 20-30 seconds. In the meanwhile the IVR will say "We did not receive any input" or something. This will happen 3 times and then the call gets cut.
I've linked my Aadhar with mobile # today only via this method, and got acknowledgement SMS too that it'll be processed in 26hrs.
Try the steps given in the Vodafone URL which i've given above.

Top Bottom