A water purifier needed urgently

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Suggest me a water purifier guys. We were using some HUL Pure Sh!t unit, which I broke today in pieces so that my parents will be forced to buy a new one. Yet it was not enough torture that it died, piece of ****.

Don't wanna go Aqua Guard way as I have zero faith in Eureka Forbes. So what to get? Budget is somewhat limited at 15k. I get confused at those UV, RO stuffs!

Thanks.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
eureka forbes is good but u need to really keep an active contract with them and threaten to complain incase something small happens
ive had a good experience with them so far
just bought a new aqua guard a year ago
had motherboard issues within a week, called them up and they were prompt to replace it within 2 hours
now i need not worry as such because i had 2 aquaguards prior to this and have always had a contract so i guess im the "known devil" for them (ive threatened them with complaints before)
btw why not HUL? just curious
my dads office has one,works great there they say

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay. Which one to get then? I mean which particular model? Don't care about brand if you're saying AG or HUL is good. But I ain't getting any plastic crap any more.

Also what's the difference between this RO and UV? I could never understood that.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i havent understood the RO and UV thing either but ive always had AG at home so its like a known devil
ive heard kent is also good but havent tried it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
UV kills bacteria/living microorganisms but RO can separate pure water from impurities(which also includes microorganisms like bacterias).microorganisms are not the only impurities in water which may also contain traces of other compounds(obviously nonliving) which UV can't treat.it depends on water quality in your location.if it is already decent a UV is enough but if you are not sure or very health conscious then RO is better.i have kent at home & it works fine.just remember RO produces 100% pure water & as such has no taste.for this there is a thing called TDS.high end water purifiers also have TDS to add some essential minerals to 100% pure water to give it some taste as well as some health benefit(you can check any good mineral water bottle & its ingredients includes calcium,magnesium etc).

markkent01

New to this forum
When it comes to water purifiers and home water systems, potential buyers have several options to explore. Osmio water technology is one of the best treatments systems for commercial and domestic applications, which ensures an environment friendly water filtration method to promote the well being, health and environmental sustainability. This water technology also ensures best quality water for healthy life.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
When it comes to water purifiers and home water systems, potential buyers have several options to explore. Osmio water technology is one of the best treatments systems for commercial and domestic applications, which ensures an environment friendly water filtration method to promote the well being, health and environmental sustainability. This water technology also ensures best quality water for healthy life.

when did osmio (being a UK product) became available in India? :confused:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
BUMP, as that bloody Pure It was still going since the battery I installed three months back just died yesterday. So now I can get a purifier, finally. My old bloody parents are pressuring me to get another Pure It :facepalm:

Anyway, so I called some Aqua Guard guy today, who came with a metre, and checked our tap / municipal water, and I noticed that the metre gave a rating of 734 if I am not wrong. I asked him which one do you suggest for our water quality? He said some AG Neo or something, which is based on UV. He was completely avoiding the RO lineup for whatever reasons! So I am gonna order one day after tomorrow, any last minute suggestion? I could not care less about the 3 times maintenance charge than UV.

I can simply order the RO, but he said RO takes away some minerals from the water, which got me thinking, also he said the water will taste like mineral water, which to me is awful in taste, and there is no way to change that taste.

- - - Updated - - -

how much is the maintenance charges for this RO/Purifiers?
According to this guy, it's around 4k per year. And for UV it's around 1.5k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
see my post#5 above.i seriously doubt these maintenance charges unless you are made to buy some gimmick(like that plastic water cylinder for RO/UV) which are mostly useless.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
see my post#5 above.i seriously doubt these maintenance charges unless you are made to buy some gimmick(like that plastic water cylinder for RO/UV) which are mostly useless.
I don't understand! It's your post which is making me consider the RO. But only two things are worrying me,
1- RO takes away 'minerals' from water, which doesn't sound good if its true.
2- And the taste. RO makes water taste like sh!t right? (Like mineral / boiled water) And I don't see any purifier from AG which has that TDS you were saying.
That guy will come tomorrow, which one should I say?

PS : Thinking about this one, Eureka Forbes AQUAGUARD MAGNA

PS : Nope, not buying AG.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
presence or absence of minerals in drinking water has practically no effect on health.main source of nutrition for all vitamins & minerals is food & sunlight for humans.as for taste pure water is tasteless & i doubt you can differentiate between cold tap water & cold RO water although at normal temps you can but to how much that varies on personal preference.if taste is your main concern buy pureit(also used it for months) which is much cheaper but cleans water to same degree although you have to buy/replace the cleaning membrane part every 5-6 months or so.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How much for?
The purifier itself is 17.5k. They forced my parents (I wasn't home obviously) to buy an Iron filter too, which is I think another 1k.
It's the Grand Plus model. Online price shows 16.5k, when I asked my parents so why did they take 1k extra? Mom said that the installation guys said it's the 'installation charge', I thought it'd be free! Anyway, don't really care anymore.
^^the purifier looks deadly....similar to some Biohazard Filter/Intoxicated Chemical cylinder
Lol that's true.

The problem is I hate how the water tastes like shite, it's those mineral water type taste, which I always have found awful.
Our TDS level was ~750, and those guys have set it at 150. They recommended 100-120 but said that the lower the TDS is the worse (maybe good to some people, certainly not to me) the taste will get. Wish it had that sweet taste I have always wanted, the type which those old UV machines provide, anyway :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom