A sudden rise in Zombie games

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys is it just me or you guys have also noticed it. A few years back there weren't so many zombie games but now when I go to steam or any gaming site then its flooding with Zombie games. Just too many games of this type. What triggered the sudden rise in development of so many zombie games or I am just overwatching it ??

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The first zombie game I remember is Left 4 Dead. Killing Floor followed (under Tripwire, Killing Floor existed as a UT mod before that). Then DayZ came along and gained popularity as well. Now, everyone want's to cash in on such games, therefore people get to copying the concept and make games around them. Some copy the concept a bit too much like Warz/Infestation. That's why there are so many of them. But still I don't think there are too many.

What games in particular are bugging you?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
The first zombie game I remember is Left 4 Dead. Killing Floor followed (under Tripwire, Killing Floor existed as a UT mod before that). Then DayZ came along and gained popularity as well. Now, everyone want's to cash in on such games, therefore people get to copying the concept and make games around them. Some copy the concept a bit too much like Warz/Infestation. That's why there are so many of them. But still I don't think there are too many.

What games in particular are bugging you?

No game is bugging me but its quite strange to see the sudden rise of this type of games. I mean if we look some years back then the only Zombie games we had were Resident Evil series and L4D and now you can see that the market is flooded with them. You have all type of Zombie games, shot em up to the pure survival or story. Anything you want is right here in this genre. I wish it could be the same with the RPG games as well.

Top Bottom