A product website design and development

chethanr

Broken In
Sounds interesting... I also love programming. Its like art. But I dont know how to start. I know programming basics and work in web hosting corp. Know how to install CMS applications and basics of PHP, Javascript, css and Ajax but don't know from where to begin. What I am looking for is how to get an idea like to structure or like skeleton of the website. Not sure if I explained it properly.

Btw: i can grasp any code quickly and can write my own simple code etc.
What I try normally is for example if I install WordPress, I try to understand the code all at once.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Sounds interesting... I also love programming. Its like art. But I dont know how to start. I know programming basics and work in web hosting corp. Know how to install CMS applications and basics of PHP, Javascript, css and Ajax but don't know from where to begin. What I am looking for is how to get an idea like to structure or like skeleton of the website. Not sure if I explained it properly.

What I try normally is for example if I install WordPress, I try to understand the code all at once.

Well you could try by building a custom CMS yourself. There would be three basic parts, the frontend (presentation, UI etc.), the backend (store) and the engine (tag-replacer).
Use a 3rd-party WYSIWYG editor maybe or maybe even build one yourself (but that would be a separate project altogether)

jimmyhelu1

Right off the assembly line
Much appreciated I will look into those links shortly. Are there ant tutorials on linking a DB into a site? I've made access DB before and worked with SQL but never made from scratch and then reflected results into a website. Do these links do this? I really would like an easy way to enter products in. Looking for an out of the box solution where it prompts me for our product into one at a time and then produces a ecommerce. I know I'm asking a lot but maybe these tools exist. Again, I haven't looked at the links provided yet so they may and I will look shortly but just in case.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^There are ready made solutions to what you are looking for. But if you want to start from scratch with least time in setting up the development environment then get the XAMPP package. It will get you up and running in no time.

First create a basic template.
header.php
nav.php
content.php
sidebar.php
footer.php

And then start adding pages according to your design.

did some modifications on product listing and product page:
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8173/7903329018_a33ce6dd9a_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7903327638_6b9eaaa485_c.jpg

dead.night7

Journeyman
Awesome and informative, UI looks great. Heres my project view, made for this year, A similar idea still, I have to submit it by Ist week of January,... :)

Used HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Google Charts for the frontend, and JSP-Servlet along with MySQL for the backend,

Attachments

• product.jpg
    product.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 182
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 169
  • LightBox.jpg
    LightBox.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 176
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
good design!!just wanted ask,are you protected against sql and html injection?

Yeah, doing sanitization for inputs.

Awesome and informative, UI looks great. Heres my project view, made for this year, A similar idea still, I have to submit it by Ist week of January,... :)

Used HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Google Charts for the frontend, and JSP-Servlet along with MySQL for the backend,

That's pretty good design. Back in out days people hardly gave importance to design.

I am working on something else now. This website work will resume after that.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
wow
pourquoi est livry avec en francais? (bas de l'image finale)
sliders are good, very web 2.0-y

argalon

Right off the assembly line
Yeah, doing sanitization for inputs.

That's pretty good design. Back in out days people hardly gave importance to design.

I am working on something else now. This website work will resume after that.

Generally product based sites or you can say eCommerce sites hardly give importance to design. Still your design is quiet improved from where you have started.

Have you launched the website or it is on hold?

BTW nice work by you after the gap as you specified!

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Generally product based sites or you can say eCommerce sites hardly give importance to design. Still your design is quiet improved from where you have started.

Have you launched the website or it is on hold?

BTW nice work by you after the gap as you specified!

I plan to start using Django and AngularJS now.

Thanks for the appreciation.

Top Bottom