A nice TV in 20K budget...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
Hi all,
I am planning to buy a new TV at a budget of 20K in 2 weeks time. I would like to know about some models which are worth considering. I am a noob in TV techs.. very less knowledge in lcd vs plasma etc.. So please help me decide one based on the following criteria:
1. the bigger the better
2. anything other than CRT if possible and feasible in the budget
3. anything that can connect and display video from my HP DV6516 lappy would be desirable.

Thanks..!

praka123

left this forum longback
^why dont u buy a big TFT monitor and use external tuning card(sometimes bundled) it is VFM. :)

OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ nah...!! I will be carrying my lappy to office everyday, but my parents will need to watch TV at daytime.. So thats out of the question..

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
You can get a decent 29" CRT for that price or a 20" LCD

Check out compareindia.com. You'll find lotta info there about all brands

Edit: *www.compareindia.com/specification/televisions/videocon-jumbo-34/25661

Check thus out! 34" for 13K

Last edited:
OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ Thanks for the site.. looks cool..! I remember using the site quite a long time ago and discontinuing it 'coz it was bad and outdated. Now the site looks very much upt ot date..!

Any comments on the Jumbo 34" from videocon...? How good is videocon TV? Reliable..? After sales service... how good is that..?

And i also came across this offer:
Pay just Rs 12,990 for the Jumbo 34 Flat TV and deposit a sum of Rs 7000 to get a Plasma 32 Entitlement Certificate. Redeem this certificate after 2 years and 11 months for one Plasma 32″ (81 cm) TV. You can also redeem this certificate earlier to get heavy discounts on the Plasma 32, under the premature redemption option. Hurry. Book your TV in next 3 days!! Better believe it. It’s full Paisa Vasool.

What say about it guys...??

Edit: @2kewl: we both found the same thing at the same time.. :D

Some more from the comments from mouthshut

You get one plasma TV free. No, it’s not an exchange offer, I get a 32 inch Plasma after 2 years and 11 months ... It clearly says that the model may change according to market conditions, so it is very likely a fast moving model at the time of claiming it.

*www.mouthshut.com/Comment/readcomment.php?rid=138160&com=0&r=1

Last edited:
OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ :D Thats what I was thinking... But are videocons good..?

And I am not sure about the duration of the offer... Does it still exist or not, is something I don't know.. Just got the info from the mouthshut site.. :(

Last edited:

Edburg

In the zone
regarding videocon TVs we bought a 20" videocon CRT TV or 10k about 7-9 years ago.....

it is still going good and so far not even a single failure or problem has occurred.......but some minor bugging issues such as having to press power button in remote 3 times to get it stared exists(manual says it some kind of power safety).....but we are very much satisfied with it.....

also not sure about thier LCDs and present ones....

and regarding the 34" CRT the resolution is not specified...any idea what it might be ???

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Even I have a Videocon 29" and its very good. The sound is great with the woofer.

Prasad: Maybe you could call a dealer nearby to check whether the offer still exists

praka123

left this forum longback
JFYI:most CRT(Picture tubes) are made by videocon in India.back 10-11 yrs ago it was hitachi CRT which is used in *ALL* TV's except may be sony.

hitachi tubes were exceptionally reliable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom