A new rig within 35k to 40k (excluding GPU)

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Why, Isnt the Maximus V gene good enough?????

And tell me, should I skip the SSD and go for a dual GPU crossfire setup...........?

And can you suggest other backlit keyboards????

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Why, Isnt the Maximus V gene good enough?????

And tell me, should I skip the SSD and go for a dual GPU crossfire setup...........?

And can you suggest other backlit keyboards????

Maximus Gene V is great. Dont confuse yourself.None comes close to it in Performance and features at that or beyond that price point. Go for a Powerful single GPU anyday. Stay away from entry level Razer stuff, not really reliable.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Hell No. And Why heat? Dont believe those theories. If it (GeneV) had heated up then it would'nt have been breaking records around the world for extreme overclocking figures,that it returns and puts more expensive boards to shame. Expansion Slots ....how many do you need ... are you going to Sli and then add some PCie SSD cards?

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Sorry I just couldnt connect the dots. So -

1) Which parts are yet to be bought ??
2) How much cash do we have left for it ??
3) What do you have in mind for those parts not bought as of yet ??

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
1. All thats mentioned in the opening post

Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor ------> Rs. 14893
ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard ------> Rs. 16006
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM ------> Rs. 3136
Kingston V+200 120 GB SSD -----------> Rs 6327
NZXT Lexa S ------> Rs 3800
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU ------> Rs. 2703

2. I have around 45k............. Will buy KB and Mouse later.

So were you able to connect the dots???

Thetrueblueviking

Seeing your rig, I can make out you will be OCing. Also there is a fair chance that you might consider selling your 7750 and buying a better gpu within a year or two. You might even consider OCing your new GPU.
So I guess you should reconsider your PSU.
Maybe a VX550 or a GS600 would be a future proof buy IMO.
Think about it. :wink:

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
You're right and I was thinking about it too......... I am considering the Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU

Thetrueblueviking

You're right and I was thinking about it too......... I am considering the Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU

Seasonic is probably the best manufacturer of PSUs. Even I was about to buy a seasonic PSU only till some of the fellow Digitians informed about the poor RMA it has in India.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
I didn't know about this. Are you sure it has poor rma in India? Then I'll go for corsair. No risks in the psu area. It can fail or burn anytime....

Thetrueblueviking

Have a look - Capture.PNG
This is what made me buy a GS600.

Phenomenal

Broken In
So could you possibly tell me the difference b/w the two Mobos??? Will the m-ATX form be a problem?
And will my Hyper 212 Evo interfere with the Ram???

How much does the Seasonic S12II 520W cost???

1)m-ATX is fine.i suggest go for the bigger on if possible,more ports and features.
2)Hyper212 evo might be a problem if you are using Corsair Vengeance.
3) Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.3K,S12II 620W - 4.9K retail here in Mumbai.
I see that you live in WB,won't suggest Seasonic since RMA in that region is bad.
The product is VERY NICE.
I'm from Mumbai and the RMA here is good.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Well, Phenomenal, which mobo would you recommend(At par with Maximus V gene) in the ATX section.............Gigabyte UD5H is there and ASRock Extreme 6 I guess............... But ASUS is better AFAIK

I am going for the Ripjaws 4x2GB version for RAM

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Hey Cilus, can you get me a good deal for the Maximus V gene + i5 3570k at Vedant???

And can you check out the other prices of the rig too, and see if it can be reduced???

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Seasonic S12II 520, enough for considering your overclocking and higher end GPU addition in future. It is basically an underrated PSU and power output in 12V rail is almost same as GS600.

Hey Cilus, can you get me a good deal for the Maximus V gene + i5 3570k at Vedant???

And can you check out the other prices of the rig too, and see if it can be reduced???

Let me know when you're going to buy, I'll talk to them before that.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Guess what, I gifted off my current GPU to my bro on his b'day, and I am going to get a new HD 7850 or a HD 7870
And Cilus, I need you for that too coz when I called up Vedant, they are quoting higher prices for the 7870(Sapphire), more than you mentioned in the other thread.......

So my updated configuration........

Asus Maximus V Gene
Intel i5 3570k
RipjawsX 4gbx2
Phantom 410
Seasonic S12II 520
Sapphire HD 7870/7850
Corsair Force 60GB SSD (I couldnt get it upto 120GB and I am way above budget)
Dell IN2030M (i already have that)
CM Hyper 212 Evo

I am leaving out KB and Mouse for later :(

And I am gonna overclock the hell out of it :D

And @thetrueblueviking, your previous avatar was a li'l better, just my opinion tho :p

Top Bottom