A new PC for around 40k

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are yougoing to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: gaming, Photoshopping,slide show making and regular home use
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 36k. Can extend upto 41k.
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 and 8
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mentionwhich screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mentionthe size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:NO. I have an Lg e2041 20" Led flaron monitor with 1600x900 resolution.
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:UPS,MONITOR,KEYBOARD,MOUSE,SPEAKER
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Next week possibly
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assemble
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops ifyou don't get locally?
Ans:locally
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i would like to play new games,but i have not played much games so far since i am having a single core celeron chip at 1.6 ghz. I have a config in mind which is given below.
I7 3770-18250
gigabyte b75m d3h- 4400
corsair value ram- 1250
toshib hdd 1tb- 4250 with 3 years warranty.
Optical drive lg-1000
cabinet- suggest
psu- corsair cx 430 v2-2500
gpu- msi 7750 -7200
around 41k. Pls i need suggestions from you guys.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Gigabyte B75M and i7 3770 is a not a good combination.The chosen motherboard is provided with basic 4+1 VRM design, purpose is office use, it is not build for the highest end CPU you are choosing. i7 3770 runs hotter than Sandy Bridge based i7 2600 in load and for handling its turbo frequencies a good motherboard is needed.

For CPU + Motherboard, get i7 2600 + MSI H77M-G41 (around 5.6K) and for Graphics card, get MSI HD 7770 @ 8.2K. HD 7750 isn't good enough to run the current games at high setting @ 1600X900 resolution.

Alternatively you can also go with a AMD FX 8350 (12.5K) + Asus M5A97 (6.6K) combination, along with a GTS 650 Ti Graphics card

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Intel i5 3470@rs.11300
Asrock H77 Pro/MVP@rs.6700
Corsair Vengance 2 X 4GB 1600Mhz@rs.3000
Seagate 1TB @Rs.4400
Corsair cx430v2@rs.2800
NZXT Source 210 Elite@rs.2600
Asus DVD Writer@rs.1000

till now its 31k

and get this ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 650 Ti 1 GB DDR5 for 10k more.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thetechfreak, I think OP should go with the Toshiba HDD he has chosen as it comes with 3 Yrs of warranty, higher than both WD (2 yrs) and Seagate (1 Yrs). Just make sure that he is getting a 7200 rpm drive, not the 5400 rpm one. Also for Ram, G-Skill RipjawX is a better choice as it has better overclocking potential.

BTW, I think FX-8350 is a better choice than i5 3450, specially when mentioned about Photoshop.

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Intel core i5 3450 ~11.600
ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ~6800
Corsair CX500 ~3200
Generic optical drive `~900
Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMX4GX3M1A1600C11): Flipkart.com
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB ~4400 (anyone suggest another as this has 1 year warrant only)
Zotac Nvidia GTX 650Ti ~10200 Or Sapphire AMD HD 7850 ~14200
Total with Nvidia GPU ~40350 with AMD GPU ~44170

Nvidia GPU should be enough for you but AMD will be noticeably better

Last edited:
OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Photoshop is occational. Not for the primary use.
@cilus: can you tell me the cheapest motherboard for i7 3770. Isn't that 3770(k) heats higher when overclocked.
How is toshiba hdd? How reliable it is? I have been using wd since last 5 years.
I will try to get 7770.
Also suggest a good cabinet with good air flow and cable management. Nzxt cases are not available here. So suggest a cooler master one. will visit a local shop tomorrow.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The heat generation of all the Ivy Bridge processors are higher than their Sandy Bridge brothers in all conditions, overclocked or not. The Intel Processors which come with Hyper Threading enabled consumes slightly higher power and heat up more than their Non HT brothers. Also I think you know about the Turbo Frequencies where the used CPU cores speed up to enhance the single thread performance. Now in case of HT enabled processor, speeding up a single core means actually speeding up two logical cores which generates more heat than a single core speeding up without HT enabled. So for processors like i7 2600 or 3770, a good motherboard with better VRM design is always recommended, even they can't be overclocked.

Check Flipkart, there is a MSI H77A-G41 motherboard available around 5.6K, opt for that. Also if you're going for occasional Photoshop then i7 3770 is a overkill, get i5 3550 instead. You can also consider the FX-8350 based rig

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Got it. I saw that on flipkart. But dont know whether the local shop has it or not. Will check tomorrow and post here

Can intel h67-cl mobo be used with i7 3770?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, not at all. It suffers the same issue for being a budget motherboard. Also you should consider the H77 and B75 chipset based Motherboard which are designed for 3rd generation Core processors. The MSI mobo I have suggested, if not available in your locality, you can get it from Flipkart with COD option.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok. I will opt for h77 motherboard. Any suggestion on cabinet with good air flow?nzxt cases are rare here.i am not able to find it out.
Flipkart wont deliver any electronic items to my home. But i will try my best to get that mobo locally.
Is there anybody here from kannur?any suggestions on good local shops?

Cilus

laborare est orare
NZXT Source 210 Elite is the best Cabinet at your budget. However, if it is not available, you've to look for Cooler Master Cabinets. CM Elite 311 around 2K can handle your rig. Obviously Cable management isn't that good and you need to take little extra care.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
try the online site called theitdepot (Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store) from Chennai.. they usually have nzxt cabinets in stock.. they ship to Kerala.. i bought one.. they shipped it through professional couriers... just call them before paying.. also since it is a cabinet, the shipping charges will be more..

the NZXT Gamma link. Theitdepot - NZXT Gamma Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Cabinet

also check primeabgb.com from mumbai..

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try the online site called theitdepot (Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store) from Chennai.. they usually have nzxt cabinets in stock.. they ship to Kerala.. i bought one.. they shipped it through professional couriers... just call them before paying.. also since it is a cabinet, the shipping charges will be more..

the NZXT Gamma link. Theitdepot - NZXT Gamma Black Steel Mid-Tower ATX Cabinet

also check primeabgb.com from mumbai..

How much did you pay for shipping charges?

bibinjohn

Journeyman
actually i bought it last year, there was one week free shipping offer... You do one thing, make an account in theitdepot add the cabinet to the cart, before the payment page they let you choose what type of courier (air or surface) you want to use and corresponding amount is added to the total amount. there u will get the shipping charges...

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok. I will try to extend my budget a little to get corsair carbide 300r(if possible). Otherwise i will go for your suggestion.
Does gamma come with fans?
Will corsair carbide 200r ever come to india?

bibinjohn

Journeyman
NZXT gamma has one fan..... on the back...

just go through this link.... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/137972-nzxt-gamma-great-cabinet.html

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
visited a local shop and they said the following prices.
intel core i7 3770 - 18450
corsair vengeance 4 gb ram - 1400
WD 1 TB blue - 4700
remaining component prices will be updated on next week.(that is what the shop keeper told me :-()
I know the prices are on higher side.but i will have to go with them.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You are overspending on the processor.You dont need it. Get this

Intel Core i5 3470 - Rs 11000
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H - Rs 5500
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB Ram - Rs 1400
GPU - MSI R7850-1GD5/OC - Rs 12700 (MSI R7850-1GD5/OC GRAPHIC CARD)
HDD - Toshiba - Rs 4300
SMPS - Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2450
Cabinet - NZXT Beta EVO Gamma - Rs 2600
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 975

Total - Rs 40,925/-

This is the best a 40k can get you ever.

Top Bottom