A new DTH Connection in West Bengal - Airtel of Videocon?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I wish to take a new DTH connection in West Bengal (Kolaghat). I am very confused about the packages offered by various providers.

I don't want to take TATA Sky because of their HD Access fees policy which forces me to pay Rs. 125 even if I want to watch just one HD channel. I was leaning towards Airtel Digital TV. But I want to know if there is any HD access fee or similar fee in that too. Also, what is their policy on A-la Carte channels? On their A-la carte channel selection page they have written the following:

"This is a monthly package with minimum monthly rental of Rs. 150 (plus taxes as applicable), and cannot be clubbed with any other monthly package."

So does that mean I'll have to pay Rs. 150 regardless of what channels I take? I can't understand this.

I checked Videocon but it seems they do not have HBO defined and HBO hits yet. So can't make a decision about that.

Please suggest which provider I should select. Here are my requirements:

1. I need HD connection
2. Recording facility is not required
3. English Entertainment and English business news are primary requirements
4. Hindi entertainment is not that necessary
5. I need Star Premiere HD and HBO Hits & Defined
6. Sports channels are optional, I might activate them only during major tournaments. So freedom to choose A-la carte channels as and when required should be available.
7. Monthly budget is around ~Rs. 400

Gollum

Collector
I wish to take a new DTH connection in West Bengal (Kolaghat). I am very confused about the packages offered by various providers.

I don't want to take TATA Sky because of their HD Access fees policy which forces me to pay Rs. 125 even if I want to watch just one HD channel. I was leaning towards Airtel Digital TV. But I want to know if there is any HD access fee or similar fee in that too. Also, what is their policy on A-la Carte channels? On their A-la carte channel selection page they have written the following:

"This is a monthly package with minimum monthly rental of Rs. 150 (plus taxes as applicable), and cannot be clubbed with any other monthly package."

So does that mean I'll have to pay Rs. 150 regardless of what channels I take? I can't understand this.

I checked Videocon but it seems they do not have HBO defined and HBO hits yet. So can't make a decision about that.

Please suggest which provider I should select. Here are my requirements:

1. I need HD connection
2. Recording facility is not required
3. English Entertainment and English business news are primary requirements
4. Hindi entertainment is not that necessary
5. I need Star Premiere HD and HBO Hits & Defined
6. Sports channels are optional, I might activate them only during major tournaments. So freedom to choose A-la carte channels as and when required should be available.
7. Monthly budget is around ~Rs. 400
get videocon as Airtel is out of your budget.

Top Bottom