A new blog from a bunch of guys from this community

Status
Not open for further replies.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
What happens when a bunch of guys, who share the same passion for something, come together and work hard on creating something? The outcome is legendary. Microsoft, Google, Apple, Twitter - they all did it.

Similarly, a bunch of us from this community, who shared the same passion for a particular company, got together and worked hard to create something. What's the outcome, you ask? Well, why don't you tell us? :)

Presenting, Smoking Apples - The premier source of Apple news, views and reviews with an Indian perspective.

Even though we sorta had a soft launch a few weeks back, so as to iron out any bugs that we encounter. Today, we officially launch the site. Here's what we have to say.

Welcome, my dear friends, to Smoking Apples, the premier source of Apple news, views and reviews in the neighbourhood! As you should have by now guessed, we intend to cover all the interesting (and sometimes not so much) happenings revolving around our favourite fruity company. From the Mac to the iPod and the iPhone to the Apple TV, you’ll find it all here, information from a cacophony of sources that has been distilled into pure, readable form and lovingly handcrafted for you. (Wow, we could be artists!)

This site is run by a group of five talented youngsters located in various parts of India including Chennai, Goa, Mumbai and Siliguri (in West Bengal). Milind and I were the ones who originally came up with the idea of starting an Apple related website but one that was distinguished from the thousands of others in the same category by its characteristic Indian charm. However, the lazy procrastinating bums that we are, the idea never really took to flight. It took Ashwin’s determination, and his confidence and experience from already running a successful blog, to get us all into gear and register the domain name. Once the engines had been fired up, there was no stopping us.

(more...)

So why don't you head over to the site, take a look at it and the awesome posts that we have written so far and then tell us how have we fared? Remember, we're open to whatever feedback you may have and we'll only improve. Seriously, any thoughts/suggestions/words/views, please let us know.

Smoking Apples

-----
Preshit,
Administrator and Contributor

goobimama

 Macboy
Awright! So good to finally launch it. This blog is going to be awesome I tell you. Freakinshpeels awesome. And we're going to have world class quality writing, largely due to our Grammar Nazi making all posts go through him :)

Boys and girls. If you do not visit and subscribe to the RSS feed, you will be banned :) (and Preshit has got some super RSS feed which links to your digit ID so I will know)

Seriously though, I won't ban users, only miserable them for a couple of months.

slugger

Banned
Good luck with your venture :)

My tingling 7th sense tells me that it will become a very popular and highly followed blog in a short period of time

A good intiative, I must add :)

wud be like freeme, but hopefully more actively updated

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Good luck with your venture :)

My tingling 7th sense tells me that it will become a very popular and highly followed blog in a short period of time

A good intiative, I must add :)

Thank you! Those are the kindest and most optimistic words I’ve heard yet about our site.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO, this is a separate topic and kept out of here. There's already a thread on this where it can be discussed.

Best of luck to you guys with the blog, with people like preshit, aayush and milind(sorry others I don't know you) involved I am sure it will do well.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
All the best guys..Looks like a good start..Will keep a watch on it :)

P.S: The design could have been better than the current one.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Wow! Best of Luck people! Content posted till now is good.
Site design is simple and *cute* MAC-ish but can be improved a little more!
As other says.. A bunch of MacBoys together.. Its gonna be a sure success!

goobimama

 Macboy
Don't worry about the design. We wanted to launch it with a perfect design, but since that day was never coming close we decided, what the hey, content is what matters. So while the current design is good, its just going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom