A laptop within 35-40k for Autocad and other sims

debarshi

Otaku
My dad's 7 year old Dell just died (2005 - 2012 RIP) and I am out for another one
Any help would be appreciated.....

1) What is your budget?

35k to 40k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream (15'' to 16'')

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

1. A li'l graphics designing in Autocad 2007, using sofwares like HTRI and other simulations and MS Office

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Which one is better for extended use?

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Should be VFM, not much bells and whistles, and hardy
A SSD+HDD combo would be great

Any help would be appreciated :)

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Okay, assuming I extend my budget to 55k, what are my options? Could you post a link to the laptop?
And if I don't want an ssd, what are my other options....

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you want a good laptop + SSD, then go for HP-2016tx (41k) + 128/256GB SSD. Nothing better possible in this budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Okay, assuming I extend my budget to 55k, what are my options? Could you post a link to the laptop?
And if I don't want an ssd, what are my other options....

you'll only get laptop with 35-40GB caching SSD which is just sufficient. but you can swap the optical disc drive with an SSD of lot higher capacity.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Yes, thanks for that, dad doesnt need an optical drive, maybe I can swap the ODD for a 120 GB SSD and let the HDD be as it is............. Will it work in the HP-2016AX, and who will do it? Will the HP care people agree to do it............. I can do it by myself but I dont wanna revoke the warranty

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Whenever anything goes wrong, swap it back with ODD. And HP people won't do it, you will self have to do. It will require a HDD caddy.

Top Bottom