A.I.A.P (Another intel AMD Post )

Status
Not open for further replies.

indro

In the zone
Well , going through blogs ,here are some bits of information which may reveal some of AMD's new Future Thoughts as Follows -

New Technologies

During the discussion some random bits about the upcoming AMD technology changes as well as other product lines were addressed. The first of these was about the 2006 change on AMD's side of going from a DDR to a DDR2 memory controller. I was curious whether this change on AMD's processor line was due to the demands of the user or more to the demands of the memory market. After all, if the memory manufacturers are all moving to DDR2 production, then having a DDR1-based product would eventually hurt your price points. Richard responded with a combination of both. The most demanding of all the markets in terms of performance is the server market and moving into DDR2 over speeds of 667 MHz will show dramatic enough performance differences from DDR1 that AMD forsees their customers asking for the technology, so they will have it ready before then. The mobile market on the other hand is more affected by cost, and so AMD needs to have a DDR2 product ready for when the production levels of DDR2 outpace that of DDR1 and thus current cost scales are reversed. Desktop is somewhere in between the two.

On that same line of thought came a question about supporting FB-DIMMs (fully buffered) in a future processor release. Of course no one would comment on that officially yet, they did indicate that with the Opteron line, they are primarily a server chip company and that they MUST support any new technology in the form of I/O, memory or standards that the server market demands. So if the market were to demand a FB-DIMM Opteron, then AMD would be willing to supply it.

It also slipped that with the upcoming DDR2 products we can expect a new refresh on the chipset side (from third party vendors at least) of the AMD platform as well. Nothing specific was said about any vendor in particular but it also leads one to wonder if maybe this is a requirement? Perhaps the new version of HyperTransport will be integrated into the new CPU .

When the topic of having a single core FX processor came up, one of the AMD representatives indicated that some "leading titles" out by the end of the year would see some good performance gains on dual core processors and thus we may see a move from single to dual core FX processors sooner than originally thought. This all depends on how the game developers are utilizing the available hardware, however. Anyone else smell some multi-threaded UE3 maybe?

AMD responded to a question on the competitiveness of the Cell processor technology by wondering aloud if the Cell processor was a competitor to AMD at all? After all, it can not run x86 code to which AMD has dedicated itself with its "x86 Everywhere" claims. They did admit that the processor itself was very ingenious technology and that if/when it does become a competitive product to anything in AMD's line up, it will be addressed. Competition is good for the industry after all, right?

OFF THE TOPIC POST TO FINISH -

Well for all those Male computer users out there here is a topic which made me what i thought it should be

A 48-year old woman is suing Yahoo for three million dollars because her personal information and images of her nekkid were running rampant through Yahoo chatrooms and personal profiles. Her letters to email regarding the matter went unanswered:

Cecilia Barnes, 48, in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Multnomah County, claims an ex-boyfriend began posting unauthorized personal profiles of her containing the photos in December. The profiles included her e-mail address and work phone number.

The former boyfriend also engaged in online discussions in Yahoo chat rooms while posing as Barnes and directing men to the profiles, the lawsuit claims.

I would say on this :
So if I post an ex-girlfriend's picture on the wall of a subway, the subway operator can be sued? This woman is pathetic.

Here is a link to that picture -
*pics.bbzzdd.com/users/mitaiwan82/kitchen.jpg

Cheers

OP
I

indro

In the zone
Hey ,

I know that , please cut and paste the hyperlink in a freashly opened IE.

Thanks

Indro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom