A FOSS Workshop in Geological Survey of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
We have a FOSS workshop at Hyderabad on May 17 and 18th. I have selected three topics to present there. But I need some screenshots that I am not getting anywhere. Specially from some Live CDS I am unable to screencapture and save on a media.
My topics are:
1. Localization (l10n)into Indic Languages.
2. Publishing s/w in Open Source (Web/DTP?LaTeX etc)
3. The User Friendliness of Linux now (the extent of customization that can be done inj KDE/Gnome et al.
Can members help me out. Time is short for preaparing my presentations.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Some snapshots are there in this eBook. You might want to have a look at it. It is the documentation for an Educational GNU/Linux Live CD.

*db.ilug-bom.org.in/lug-authors/anurag/gnoware-final-documentation-1504.pdf

It contains many screenshots for the applications you are looking for, but i dunno how you will extract them..

I'll get you multilingual desktop in a while..

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Allright this is more than enough i think.. www.utkarsh.org
*utkarsh.org/snapshots/u_desktop_thumb.jpg
*utkarsh.org/snapshots/main_menu_thumb.jpg
*utkarsh.org/snapshots/OOdraw_thumb.jpg
*utkarsh.org/snapshots/getit_thumb.jpg
taken this from utkarsh site.

firewall

In the zone
Few Screenshots of the Ankur - The Bengali distro are available at

*bengalinux.org/screenshots/fedora/

:)

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I am unable to install multlingual Linux. I have Mandrake 10.1, and with Menudrake (Locale) I have been trying to change the languages, when I select Hindi, tThis seems to be working but when . I tried Urdu, Bengali and Gujarati too, but nothing happened. Only Malayalam produced the file attributes in Malayalam (but no welcome.htm in Malayalam). How can this (installing multilingual linux) be achieved, please guide me

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
GNUrag! I have used your signature as the footer of my slides for the prsentation in FOSS workshop in my department. Hope there is copy left there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom