A flash based web designer please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Hi friends,
I want to make a website for personal purposes. But I am not much aware of the codings and other stuff in flash. So can you suggest me a software which will help me to make a flash website(with templates)?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why do you want to prepare a flash site. Flash site will just drive away many visitors due to the long loading times. Also, those not having flash player plugin installed will be most likely to go away from the site.
Anyways, I don't know much about flash templates. But, google should give you a lot.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
if u know how to optimize flash then go ahead. else just create a static site.

for flash making s/w i suggest u try swishmax. i m using it atm.

Sykora

I see right through you.
I strongly advise against making a flash only website. There were times when I thought it would be cool, and it does look cool, but it is discriminatory. For example, some versions of flashplayer are not available for linux users, and some people don't even use a graphical browser. Your best course of action would be to create the website using standard XHTML and CSS. There are plenty of nice effects you can implement while remaining standards compliant.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Also, if I remember right, flash sites don't score well SEO wise though I guess that's not your concern.

ahref

In the zone
I want to make a website for personal purposes.
Since you are making site for personal purpose and do not have any commercial angle. You can go for flash site. There are many flash template available on net try searching in google. You can also use swish software through which you can create cool effects. Trendy Flash Intro builder is also good software for web development.

tuxfan

Technomancer
For flash, either you will have to get Macromedia Flash, learn flash and make it OR look around the web for free flash templates/clips.

I guess the second option is far better ;) and you have google to get going!

knight17

In the zone
I also won't recommend a flash only website,if you really need one try using Trendy Flash site builder or Swish Max

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
I read all your comments. But as I am making it for purely personal purposes, I think flash is going to be my choice. There wont be much visitors except my friends and relatives. It is not meant for business purposes. Also most of my friends have broadband.

I dont want to spend much on web designers. Is there any free designers?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Google is your best friend in this case :)

There are many free flash based templates on the web. So get going with google!

You can also have a look at *myfreetemplates.com and *www.freetemplates.com.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
You can use Sothink Glanda from SourceTec Software
This is a flash creating software and no coding required..!! You can create flash banners and all the components in seconds :)

Last edited:
OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
sridatta said:
You can use Sothink Glanda from SourceTec Software
This is a flash creating software and no coding required..!! You can create flash banners and all the components in seconds :)
Can you please give me the download site? I tried googling but ended up with negative results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom