A Conversation between Windows user & FOSS user( MUST READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Sorry Sir! You both are wrong. I apologize for spilling the beans here but the other man in the conversion was me. :) Really. Someone can ask CoolG5 for confirmation.

This is called "Operation Fail" as in the movie Kya Cool Hain Hum :lol:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
A : MS is MONOPOLIST.

B : I know, I know, and that is the same thing every FOSS lover says when they lose the war on some aspect.

The best thing i liked abt the whole conversation

B : Just sometime ago, u told me the your phone can't be configured in Ubuntu for internet access(via GPRS), am I right ?

B : So what the problem with it ?

B : It's so easy to use, makkhan ??

B : I copy pasted the above from our previous chats.

B : I want to say that any linux distro, cant be configured to have internet access through Nokia 5700, right?

B : You even created some threads in the digit forum to ask for some help. At that time even linux pro's of forums failed to help you.

B : So what the problem with it ? You said it was so easy to use, just like makkhan ?

B : Then where are the plug and play support in ubuntu man ?

B : why it needs pros to configure something on linux ?

B : Tell me

B : Why the hardware support is so bad ?

B : That my graphic card cant be used directly ?

B : and I had to move hell and heaven for configuring the card.

AGAIN TRUE.

Nice conversation ;)

A : I can send a pic now, so you can be sure that I ain't angry. You want me to do that?

ROFL :))

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
AGAIN TRUE.
Back in 2006 I gave a talk at the Ottawa Linux Symposium about a number of myths that are around the Linux kernel. One of them was device and driver support. I stated then, and still do that:
Linux supports more different types of devices than any other operating system ever has in the history of computing.
Later on, a representative from Microsoft validated this statement saying that their research agreed with it, so this is not an unproven statement.

*www.kroah.com/log/linux/linux_driver_project_status-2008-04.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom