A complete gaming rig under 90k

evilwit

Journeyman
Hello Guys!!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Gaming
FPS and Racing games
Crysis 3,Call of Duty Series,Far Cry,Battlefield 4 and other demanding FPS games
GRID series,NFS series etc
I want to play all the latest and upcoming games at ultra settings at 1080p.
May be video editing.I am not sure about this.Thinking of starting of my own Youtube channel.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

3. Planning to overclock?
If possible in my budget.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?\
Windows 7 and 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Atleast 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Yes I do want to buy a new moniter.I have decided to buy Dell S2440L or any good full HD 24 inch monitor.

Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
OS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
August

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
This is my first rig.So i want it to be built by an assembler.I am not sure if a regular computer shop can do that.I live in Patna.So any forum member who lives in patna and can help in assembling this system.Help would be appreciated.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Patna
Online(please link the part and prefer COD)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

These are few things which are must
Dell S2440L or any good full HD 24 inch monitor
Any 8 gigabytes of RAM
A decent UPS
A nice graphics card so that I can play all the latest and upcoming games at ultra and full HD resolution.
A gaming backlit keyboard and gaming mouse.
A cheap and good gaming mouse pad.
Speakers.
A chassis with transparent side window.

I have a strict budget of 90K only 2-3k more or less.
I want to run all the latest and upcoming games at ultra settings at full HD.
There are few must things I have mentioned,I want them all.
I have divided the rig like this:
60K for the CPU(including the ups)
5-6 for the mouse,keyboard and mouse pad
10k for the speakers.
14k for the moniter.

Now regarding speakers,
I want real tight bass and clarity.As i have budget of 10k for it,so i have decided to go for customized speakers.By customized speakers i mean,fitting the woofer and tweeter in the wooden box and then driving it by an amp.We have a market here where all these jobs are done.Is that a good idea?If you recommend company speakers then please recommend the one with decent bass.Thanks

Last edited:
Answer these questions: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

And also mention why do you need only an Intel config?

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
Answer these questions: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

And also mention why do you need only an Intel config?
EDITED
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have been told by many people that Intel supports more apps.I know I am being vague but I don't know much about this.
So if you guys think that AMD is a better option I absolutely have no issues with that.
Thanks

EDITED
I have been told by many people that Intel supports more apps.I know I am being vague but I don't know much about this.
So if you guys think that AMD is a better option I absolutely have no issues with that.
Thanks

There's no such thing like that. Both Intel and AMD are equally supported.

FX 8350 (12000)
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (11000)
G.xkill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 8 GB (5200)
Zotac GTX 770 (32000)
WD Blue 1 TB (4200)
Seasonic S12II 610W (5100)
NZXT Phantom 410 (6500)
Dell S2240L (8800)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2600)

total: 87k

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
EDITED
Thanks

App support mainly depends on OS & other softwares etc etc...
Hardware is no limitation for running apps(till it's a x64 processor).

Zotac GTX 770 (32000)

Just making a suggestion, HD7970GHz is still good & can save op a few bucks(may be SSD can b included 4 that.)..

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, but 770 performer better in some games and is also priced similar to 7970. Btw why did you highlighted 610 W.

Single-Card Results: Battlefield 3 - The GeForce GTX 770 Review: Calling In A Hit On Radeon HD 7970?
But HD 7970 is better in more of games also I think more future games will be AMD arch based.

You still didn't get it??
it must be S12ii 620W

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
There's no such thing like that. Both Intel and AMD are equally supported.

FX 8350 (12000)
Zotac GTX 770 (32000)
WD Blue 1 TB (4200)
NZXT Phantom 410 (6500)
Dell S2240L (8800)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2600)

Thanks for the reply but its out of my budget.I mean I need the complete CPU including Ups under or upto 60k.and rest of the 30k I will spend on the moniter, speakers and peripherals. Kindly read my post once again and advice the rig accordingly.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the reply but its out of my budget.I mean I need the complete CPU including Ups under or upto 60k.and rest of the 30k I will spend on the moniter, speakers and peripherals. Kindly read my post once again and advice the rig accordingly.

10k for speakers??
better get a nice heaphone.

5-6k for KB,mouse??
What will you shoot at if you rig cant' run it

Also for your needs lower config cannot be satisfactory(u said FullHD/ Ultra HD res.)

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
10k for speakers??
better get a nice heaphone.

5-6k for KB,mouse??
What will you shoot at if you rig cant' run it

Also for your needs lower config cannot be satisfactory(u said FullHD/ Ultra HD res.)

You've got a point but this what I want to do.What if i keep this config and just the GPU to GTX 760 for 20k.It can solve my problem and it has also got some decent reviews.Will it serve my purpose?

FX 8350 (12000)
Zotac GTX 770 (32000) GTX 760 for 20k
WD Blue 1 TB (4200)
NZXT Phantom 410 (6500)
Dell S2240L (8800)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2600)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Because that configuration you have checked is based on US price point and Indian market scenario is completely different. 2ndly, you want to play games at ultra resolution at 1080P but choosing a card like GTX 660 Ti. Check the ultra setting performance of games like Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 in 1080P and you will find out how demanding they're. Opt for a HD 7970 which is retailing around 27K to 29K

ankush28

Bazinga
now everything is OK after you edited post
earlier you was going for 660 power edition thats why i posted facepalm.
in 90k rig there should be good enough balance between cpu&gpu like FX 8350/i5 4670k with HD 7970 or gtx770 for 1080p gtx770 will be overkill imo.

Because that configuration you have checked is based on US price point and Indian market scenario is completely different. 2ndly, you want to play games at ultra resolution at 1080P but choosing a card like GTX 660 Ti. Check the ultra setting performance of games like Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 in 1080P and you will find out how demanding they're. Opt for a HD 7970 which is retailing around 27K to 29K

this....

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman

I got you.thanks for explaning though.btw how is this rig

FX 8350 (12000)
GTX 760 for 20k
WD Blue 1 TB (4200)
NZXT Phantom 410 (6500)
Dell S2240L (8800)
CM Hyper 212 EVO (2600)

even @ankush28 said gtx 770 will be overkill.
now the cpu and moniter costs around 77k.
i am still left with 18k which i will spend on gaming mouse,backlit kb,ups and speakers.please suggest these components under 18k and suggest a gtx 760 card.
thanks

now everything is OK after you edited post
earlier you was going for 660 power edition thats why i posted facepalm.
in 90k rig there should be good enough balance between cpu&gpu like FX 8350/i5 4670k with HD 7970 or gtx770 for 1080p gtx770 will be overkill imo.

this....
thanks for the reply.
but can you tell me with gtx 760 will i be able to play all the latest and upcoming games at max settings at 1080p?
also suggest a gaming mouse,gaming backlit keyboard,ups and speakers with tight bass under 18k.
thanks

ankush28

Bazinga
i won't recommend anything less then 7970 for that much high budget rig.
mice - razer naga/deathadder
UPS- APC 1.1kVA

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

That's the point..
Although for today's games GTX760 is comfortable inhigh/ultra settings but it doesn't take long for things to go worse..
Eg. CoH2 @ 2560*1600p on HD 7970GHz gives avg of 48 FPS only(@max settings). Benchmark

@OP would u mind if I say u to reconsider desicion for speakers & get Heaphones instead??

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
mice - razer naga/deathadder
UPS- APC 1.1kVA
What are you exactly trying to say? Earlier you said everything is fine when I changed the GPU to 760? Whats your point?

That's the point..
Although for today's games GTX760 is comfortable inhigh/ultra settings but it doesn't take long for things to go worse..
Eg. CoH2 @ 2560*1600p on HD 7970GHz gives avg of 48 FPS only(@max settings). Benchmark

@OP would u mind if I say u to reconsider desicion for speakers & get Heaphones instead??
I will update the system after 2yrs? Will this card perform well till that time? Btw I will the games 1080p.i can consider headphones for a moment but speaker is really what I want.for how long will I be able to play games I want at max settings at 1080p with this card? And suggest a UPS upto 4k.thanks

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I will update the system after 2yrs? Will this card perform well till that time? Btw I will the games 1080p.i can consider headphones for a moment but speaker is really what I want.for how long will I be able to play games I want at max settings at 1080p with this card? And suggest a UPS upto 4k.thanks

2yrs is pretty long time.. Nothing can be said.
Maybe with HD7970 it's 1 year @ high settings & med-high settings later on..

I said headphones cause they give better gaming experience..

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
2yrs is pretty long time.. Nothing can be said.
Maybe with HD7970 it's 1 year @ high settings & med-high settings later on..

I said headphones cause they give better gaming experience..
Ok in one of my previous thread u recommended me a rig.i am posting that tell me hws it.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 12k Rs
ASUS M5a97 R2.0 EVO @8k

Ram - 2 x 4GB RipJawsX 1600Mhz @ 4.5k RsHDD - WD Caviar blue 1tb @ 4.5k Rs
PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4.3k or 620W @ 5k
Case-NZXT Phantom 410 (6500)
MOniter-dell21.5 full hd moniter @9k
Gpu-gigabyte hd 7970 3x windforce @27k(please tell me the link to buy it)
That comes to a total of 76k so I am still left with 18k.so I
Can buy speakers and other peripherals. With this can I play games at max at 1080p? For atleast 2 yrs.

Top Bottom