A camera between 4k to 10k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Okay.I guess this time i might really get an camera
Well My cousins will get me a camera
so which one should i ask them for
canon sx150 or some other pref under 150$.
Or someother
It has to be portable.
I mean,atleast should fit in my pocket?
whats the cost of SX150 locally in usa?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
What kind of a budget is this 4-10k.
Be specific as there is a lot of difference in the models costing 4k and 10k.
Anyways you can go for Canon A3200 for ~6.5k or for Nikon S6200 for ~10k

aroraanant

Explorer
The cameras are cheaper in India and if you are thinking to get one from US then remember one thing that you won't be getting warranty of the camera here in India.
So its better you buy it from here only.

aroraanant

Explorer
Here are few deals going on in US and you can give the link of the same to your uncle:
Nikon S9100 for $179....Its a steal man,an awesome deal,you should not miss this one,ask your uncle to get this as soon as possible.
Nikon S6200 for $140, if you are strict to a budget of under $150 then buy this otherwise get the above camera.

Note:-Check the exact price by clicking on "See price in Cart"

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ does it have those features like... showing only a certain colour in the pic rest all b & w

sujoyp

Grand Master
sx150 wont fit in a pocket i think...and whats the budget in indian currency :D we can not keep upwith changing dollar rate ;)

aroraanant

Explorer
SX150 is not at all a pocketable camera, it a huge cam with old looks.
In india also it costs around 8.5k with few accessories.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If it's from USA, there will be no India warranty... If your cousin is the one who is going to pay, ask him buy it from online sellers of India. That way, he can pay from there and you get your camera sooner and with India warranty. Can I assume $150 as INR 8000? If yes, as already our members suggested you can buy IXUS 115. If he can get IXUS 220 under $150, fine and good.

aroraanant

Explorer
If it's from USA, there will be no India warranty... If your cousin is the one who is going to pay, ask him buy it from online sellers of India. That way, he can pay from there and you get your camera sooner and with India warranty. Can I assume $150 as INR 8000? If yes, as already our members suggested you can buy IXUS 115. If he can get IXUS 220 under $150, fine and good.

+1 on that

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Do you mean "Macro"?

Every cam has macro mode, some detect automatically and some need to set. Most of the cameras can focus as close as 5cms or better.

I assume your question is "How close IXUS 115/220 can focus?"
Both the IXUS models suggested can focus as close as 3cms.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
In picture quality IXUS 115 wins. But it's better to check out yourself... There are plenty of sample images online. Just a sample...

SX150
Canon PowerShot SX150 IS sample image | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IXUS 115
Canon ELPH 100 HS / IXUS 115 HS sample image | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's better to kick off the model which don't fit your needs. If you keep on hanging out with the model which doesn't fit your criteria, you will always be in a confused state...

Top Bottom