A camera between 4k to 10k

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
My main use will be taking pics in college,and casual pics and Yeah some photography of sky etc which i can use for matte paintings.
i Basily want to learn photography,

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh good...if u want to learn photography...get sx150IS eyes closed :) its the cheapest cam with all manual settings

but u have to carry it in bag separately coz it wont fit in pocket...also people may make fun of u in college that ur cam is soo big and old style ;)

(No offense sx150IS owners...same case for DSLR :) )

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There you go... If you wanna learn photography, forget IXUS...

Now you have to relax your criteria...

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
ooh good...if u want to learn photography...get sx150IS eyes closed :) its the cheapest cam with all manual settings

but u have to carry it in bag separately coz it wont fit in pocket...also people may make fun of u in college that ur cam is soo big and old style ;)

(No offense sx150IS owners...same case for DSLR :)
)

THIS.Is One problem ;). There are many people who will ;).
And i heard many limitations of SX150 :(
Like a bad bad battery life.
And probably the camera might get flicked by robbers.
A persons xperia neo got robbed in college

sujoyp

Grand Master
battery life is easy to maintain....it uses AA cells...soo keep an extra set of cells.

Other issues users here can discuss...i think there r many sx130, sx150 owners in forum

by robbing u mean u will keep it in bag and somebody can steal it....that u have to take care bro...

but its fantastic for learning :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The only main problem i might have is carrying the camera around my neck.This is okay.If your out on tour.But in college ;).Like when we have some thing going on.Cant carry the camera in my neck
So.
ixus 115? is good?

vaibhavl

Broken In
Sony DSC-W530 is a good camera. Quite decent. I have always been a fan of Sony's cameras. They have quite good lenses plus the build quality is the best. This particular camera is quite good. I haven't bought it but have used it quite often. If you wish you can check out the reviews of this camera here.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Used SX150.WAS v.v.v Confusing i mean zooming controls are hidden and very complicated

Also please suggest me other cameras that are like SX150? UNDER 10K? please

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Hidden???

It's the lever around shutter button...

I don't think there is any cam similar to SX150 under 10k

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
But i found it verry confusing.
Anyways might buy it or ixus in 3 weeks.
Will ask my cousin to get
1)16 gb class 10 SD
2)AA baterys and quick chargers

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I haven't seen every model available in the market. But I am sure, this is how every brand/model has zoom control.

sujoyp

Grand Master
sony have + and - button to zoom , most have zoom liver around shutter button...didnt see any other type

Top Bottom