a bunch of n70 queries !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
1. the backlight in n70 lights up for approx 35 secx, even though in the settings i hav chosen 5 sec...if i increase it to 10,,then light goes off after 40 sec...dat means 30sec of pre-built light timeing.....is there any way to lessen the duration of bacllight???

2. is there any way to speed up the gallery of n70...it takes ages to display the thubnails and goes very slow....though i use resco file viewer too but i am not flattered by its image display quality and inability to display videos.....

3. also the adobe reader bundeled doesnt display fikes properly....if i increase the font size ,,,i have to scrooll left and right and if i fit it in 1 screen,, then font goes small... any alternative???

4. also is there any reliable 3rd party software which can keep track of total duration of incoming and outgoin calls and also count the number of smses sent?? iuses psiloc sms counter wid my older 6600 but it didnt count the smses properly....also the inbuilt log finction displays hrs max upto 99 hrs 99 min...after dat it resets to 0 hrs....dis hapened in my 6600...does it hapen wid n70 too???

5..phew the last one...... the earphones bundeled keep falling off....plz tel me wat do ineed to buy if i want to attach 3.5 mm headphones.. wud in-ear earphones (fontopia) from sony work nicely wid n70??? suggest any other dat fit comfotably and produce deep bass.....

i know these r a lot of problems but i hope u take a shot at them...
thnking u... even u jst read them and didnt know the solutions.....

K

krazyfrog

1, 2, 3, 4:No idea
5: You need to buy the Nokia AD-15 audio adaptor to connect headphones with 3.5mm pin. You can decide on the headphone/earphones that you'll connect depending on your budget.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Didnt u get audio adaptor wit ur n70? I got n72 2 weeks bak n dey had bundled audio adaptor 4 free wit it 2 connect headphones/spkrs wit 3.5mm pin...

K

krazyfrog

N70 never came with the audio adaptor. In N72 there's a slight emphasis on music playing capability (that's why they changed the multimedia key on N70 with the music player shortcut key in N72). Thats why N72 comes with the audio adaptor and a 128mb card as against 64mb in previous N70.

outlaw

De@d
1) even i want a proper solution for this ;
but locking the keypad would reduce it by about 5 seconds [i guess]

2) yes sure [even i faced this problem]

the main problem for the lag is low phone memory ; do not install any applications or even the messages in the phone memory

reset phone memory [*#7370#] then u'll get 20 mb free memory [i.e all phone memory will get reset to factory default no changes in the mmc]; now gallery and music player and the thumbnails would load up very fast

[when i had 6 mb free memory it took 1.5 minutes for the gallery to load up and the music player took 55 seconds to load ; i thought it was due to my 1 gb memory card but now i've got 19.5 mb free memory and the gallery loads up in 3 seconds and the music player in 4 seconds ]
so doing this would definitely boost your performance]

3] yes adobe reader is really a pain in da a$$; its not possible to do anything to the format in adobe reader
try some other pdf readers ; i am not sure

4] hm.... send me a pm if u find a good one
the problem with the built in log is i lost all the details ,after pressing *#7370# [factory reset]

5] are u using the SPONGE thingy? using it would reduce the strain and it feels good too.......

TIP: if the thumbnail images take long time to load

->just open the thumbnail ->zoom it -> wait for the image to load -> come back ; the thumbnail will be viewable in the gallery

i guess i was able to solve some of your problems

SYMBIAN RULEZ

over and out...................................

Last edited:

reddick

Mobile Freak
Okay,only two steps that solve ur problem:
1. Refer to ur manual throughly.U'll get all d answers
2. n d second one,if in case u still can't understand,visit NOKIA guys to help u for FREE if it's under warranty period ;)

Don't put random codes urself...it may damage ur phone memory or firmware completely :mad:
One more thing,remove ur mmc n than boot ur phone in safe mode.It speed up ur N70 a lot :)

outlaw

De@d
@ redick

what do u mean man

Code:
1. Refer to ur manual throughly.U'll get all d answers

he already selected 5 seconds lights out and thats the lowest possible in the phone so why are u asking him to refer the manual again

dont give such lousy suggestions

Code:
Don't put random codes urself...it may damage ur phone memory or firmware completely

i think u were referring to my post; "random code" eh... *#7370# is the factory reset code i've clearly stated that the stuff in his phone memory will be gone if he does that ; i've asked him to do so to clear up the phone memory to make the phone faster and i've also explained in detail how it helped me [ i had the same problem]

Code:
.it may damage ur phone memory or firmware completely

thats ridiculous..... all da phone's got factory reset option its actually a feature of the phone and not "SOME LOUSY random code"

Code:
remove ur mmc n than boot ur phone in safe mode.It speed up ur N70 a lot

he wanned a permenent solution for the problem,
using n70 without memory @ safe mode is like playing minesweeper in a PS3

Last edited:
OP
tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hmmm.... thnx 4 all the replies....

i cudnt find a solution for 5 sec light out...so leave the **** away...

nxt i now use powermp3 as a substitute..its bery fast , good and has an equalizer and playlist options....

i use resco file viewer instead of the sluggish gallery...very fast and efficient....

cnt find anythng for ebooks...so stopped thnking about it....

and finally wud look further into buying ad-15 adapter...

plz can any1 tell me about in-ear earphone???? where to get?? which brand?? price??

Raaza

Journeyman
1, no idea
2, update firmware
3, convert pdf files using ReploGo Desktop or Repligo Mobilizer, and no more scrolling needed, it's an excellent e-book reader with a lot of features, an essential application.
4,try psiloc extended log

thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom