a.bat trojan horse

pbtg

Broken In
Hi All,

My system is suffering from a unusual problem of a trojan horse. When this trojan first came i tried to remove using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 but it did not help so i formatted C: of my computer. As soon as i reinstalled my Windows and Symantec Endpoint again the same trojan started popping up again because of this i can't connect to internet to update my antivirus also this trojan starts various cmd.exe in process tab of task manager. Please help me and also tell me do i have to delete my data also, do movies, songs and pictures are infected by trojan also.

Thank you very much in advance please help me

OP
P

pbtg

Broken In
Thnx sandiya,

But i need to know how i can remove this trojan i tried finding out on web but nothing is that i can understand, so please anybody help me

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@pbtg: Please ignore above post by sandiya as it is a spam.

Now coming to your issue, deleting all data from C drive or formatting it will certainly not going to help you as the virus/trojan still remains in other partitions/data. Your best bet is to take your hard disk to a friend of yours (or connect it to another system of yours) and give it a thorough anti-virus scan with latest updates (I always trust AVAST). Then you can install OS in C drive and will not face such issue.

Secondly, you may also try to boot your system using any bootable CD having updated AV (e.g. Hiren Boot CD) and give it a proper scan :)

OP
P

pbtg

Broken In
Hi Gagan,

Thank You very much for your suggestion, but there is a problem that i m new to the city and do not know anybody who can help me in the situation that is why i asked whether the trojan attacks only executables or can it affect videos, songs and pictures also.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Well trojan/viruses affects mostly executables so that they can harm the system. An infected jpg or video file is not harmful as such. But I have been a victim of a virus which swept my HDD of all the data along with partitions too :( .

Now for your issue...could you make a backup of all your data in some other portable HDD? Afterwards you can install your OS in fully formatted HDD.

Hey wait, there is one more way, although I would request others comments too...if you have any, install Linux on your machine. Download and install and antivirus and clean your HDD of all the viruses.. :)

OP
P

pbtg

Broken In
Hey Gagan,

Loads of Thanx i will buy one portable HDD today only and willl use it as you suggested. Thanx Man :)

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Images, I have seen some of my pictures getting affected by trojans. :(

and, I would vote for the linux installation and scanning that way

paroh

Padawan
Hi All,

My system is suffering from a unusual problem of a trojan horse. When this trojan first came i tried to remove using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 but it did not help so i formatted C: of my computer. As soon as i reinstalled my Windows and Symantec Endpoint again the same trojan started popping up again because of this i can't connect to internet to update my antivirus also this trojan starts various cmd.exe in process tab of task manager. Please help me and also tell me do i have to delete my data also, do movies, songs and pictures are infected by trojan also.

Thank you very much in advance please help me

From this it looks ur pc is infected with autorun virus.USe free version of avira to remove it.
Virus removal, boot sector repair, system check - free tools download

abhijangda

Padawan
take ur HDD to ur frnds home, who has a good and updated antivirus installed. Scan your HDD through that computer. Or u can install any linux and can install antivirus for it (avast is available easily). scan through linux.

Top Bottom