THIS IS FOR A Friend,
She hs a 80k budget,i7 930 based
need no speakers,
not a hardcore gamer,NEEDS-animator,rendering machine

**6GB KIT ram

Extra cpu cooler also shd come in,she is a noob so shd hav a very stable config
ALSO hdd will be wd 1TB green+500gb black
and she prefers NVIDIA gpu,please make it fast,going shopping tmrw

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
Animation rendering

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
not really the ones specified stays,d rest please

3. What is your MAX budget?
80,000 INR
4. Planning to overclock?
no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
deciced
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen?
22'',and max possible res.
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
TOMORROW

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
speakers ,ups

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
hyderabad,no

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
none

Last edited:

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Core i7 930 2.8GHz @ 13.9k
MSI X58 Pro @ 10.8k
Coolermaster Hyper N520 @ 2.4K
kingston 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 5.4k
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB @ 5.5k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.2k
benq e2220 full hd lcd @ 9k
logitech wireless combo @ 1.3k
apc 1kva @ 5k
Altec Lansing VS-2421 @ 2.5k

total:- 64.5k....

with the remaining 15.5k, i would have suggested you a radeon hd 5850 but as op's prime purpose is rendering, i would that skip g.card and let others suggest it....

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Didn't get you, noob needs a machine for animation & rendering! could you please explain.

AMD graphics cards are better these days. and also, if she is a noob, she should not have any brand preference or it will only ruin the final config.

For rendering purpose one would require Nvidia quadro or ATI fireGL card. very few people have knowledge about these cards, so suggestions will take time to come, either you'll have to wait or look online for reviews/recommendations.

I am not suggesting any specific configurations because my knowledge about intel's lineup is very less. but here are a couple of suggestions:

For animation get an IPS panel (monitor). Dell's IPS panels will need around 9-10k more than a TN panel for a 22" monitor.
For a stable system, don't forget to include a good PSU like Corsair VX550 or even higher in case it has a high end graphics card with a core i7.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
AMD graphics cards are better these days. and also, if she is a noob, she should not have any brand preference or it will only ruin the final config.

he insisted on INTEL so i gave it....

For rendering purpose one would require Nvidia quadro or ATI fireGL card. very few people have knowledge about these cards, so suggestions will take time to come, either you'll have to wait or look online for reviews/recommendations.

same here.... thats y i skipped the g.card....

For animation get an IPS panel (monitor). Dell's IPS panels will need around 9-10k more than a TN panel for a 22" monitor.

it would highly overshoot his budget....

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
for RAM, something with a lower latency like Corsir TR3X6G1600C9 6GBKit would be better

@Rahul.007, I wasn't talking about AMD processors, I said AMD (ATI) graphics cards. for his budget, core i7 is a good choice.

And IPS panels are not that expensive, 22" will come for 16-17k, won't overshoot his budget, it's 80k

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
cool buddy is right. dell 2209wa e-ips panel , for 14.9k.
and rahul OP said he doesnt need ups and speakers.

though he shud tell us what he has currently, if its something local than its better to buy new.

dont you guys think 80k is enough to customize at dell?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
THIS IS FOR A Friend,
She hs a 80k budget,i7 930 based
need no speakers,
not a hardcore gamer,NEEDS-animator,rendering machine

**6GB KIT ram

Extra cpu cooler also shd come in,she is a noob so shd hav a very stable config
ALSO hdd will be wd 1TB green+500gb black
and she prefers NVIDIA gpu,please make it fast,going shopping tmrw
try to convince her to go for an AMD combo as they are currently the best for Animation purpose. tell her that AMD 6 core are going to be better for Rendering than the i7 quad core. specially for mental ray rendering. also che need to go for workstation graphic cards, not gaming cards. for that her only option is to go with FirePro as the worksation graphic cards from NVidia havn't been refreshed & are the old models whee as the ATI ones are based on the new 5000 series cards!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
Animation rendering

If she need animation, then ATI FireGL and nVidia Quadro are the accelerators to get. Best would be, that she should visit a design studio, and ask what they use. Else if you want I can recommend cards with prices.

OP
arshadmajeed

arshadmajeed

stoned mario
If she need animation, then ATI FireGL and nVidia Quadro are the accelerators to get. Best would be, that she should visit a design studio, and ask what they use. Else if you want I can recommend cards with prices.

@asigh-please recomend

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Sapphire FireGL V5600 512 MB @ 18655
this is old version, these days yor getting v3800, v4800 & v5800 for low & mid end.
Leadtek QUADRO FX580 512MB DDR3 @ 10753
not worth going for Quadros, there performance sucks in front of FirePros in the same price point currently.

OP
arshadmajeed

arshadmajeed

stoned mario
:clap2:THANK YOU GUYS,i have sent her the mail tdy morning,and gave her this config

Core i7 930 2.8GHz
MSI X58 Pro
Corsir TR3X6G1600C9 6GBKit
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Corsair VX550W
Cooler Master 690 plus
samsung 22''\GET A BENQ LED monitor if they have one,it comes in white
logitech(any keyboad,mouse combo wch suits u)
LG DVD RW
Cooler master Hyper tx3
Leadteck Quadro FX1800 768MB Display

the pc will be ready by evening,thanks again.

DISCUSSION CLOSED,please help in my thread

Top Bottom