A 40 inch no frill TV within 60k

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
@randomuser111, HX850 is way over budget man, no doubt the 3d on this TV looks really good.

@Minion, even the F6400AR is out of budget, mind I am talking about the 46", which as per the samsung site is abt 1Lac.

My budget is 80k +/- 10k only if its really worth. And I am not against 3d, but I would prefer something without 3d at a lesser price. I just cannot justify buying a 3d tv paying 15-20 k more when the 3D content is so less, or so expensive to have.

And I would rather stick to Sony, Samsung or LG. I hardly see any other brand doing much good.

aroraanant

Explorer
@minon- OP is interested in getting a 46" TV now.

Try to look for a good deal on HX850 46". Go for it if you get it for around a lac.

Otherwise you can wait for Bravia W802A with Passive 3D.

Even I suggest the same.
Or OP can look out for Samsung F6400, it looks really good on papers well I m yet to audition it.

And I would rather stick to Sony, Samsung or LG. I hardly see any other brand doing much good.
Thats a good thing, that is what I would do if I would be at your place.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
W802a is not going to come cheap :(. They are comparing it with the HX850, I might have to wait for more than a year to get it under my budget.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
But that's my point! I need more than 46 inch and dont want to exceed 90K no matter what. Moreover I want to buy it as soon as possible. Any idea when it would be coming out, and why I should really wait for it?

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Minion, even the F6400AR is out of budget, mind I am talking about the 46", which as per the samsung site is abt 1Lac.

My budget is 80k +/- 10k only if its really worth. And I am not against 3d, but I would prefer something without 3d at a lesser price. I just cannot justify buying a 3d tv paying 15-20 k more when the 3D content is so less, or so expensive to have.

Can you tell us your room size and viewing distance?For most of people 40 inchers are adequate and for 40 inch and more 3D is really a worthy feature to consider.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
That is true. I experienced 3D on the 46HX850 in the showroom and it was amazing. My only concern is that 3D content is expensive right now. My viewing distance currently is a little less than 10ft, but I will be moving to a new house soon where it will be more than that.

I had almost made up my mind on 46HX750, but then I had been reading about active and passive 3d and it seems active 3D, though has a better PQ, is uncomfortable in prolonged usage as the glasses are heavy. Also extra glasses are expensive. LG offers passive 3D, so I was looking at the LM6400 and LM6410.

Guys, please suggest if active 3D would be a better overall package or should I opt for passive 3D?

aroraanant

Explorer
Passive 3D is better anyday, the glasses are comfortable and cheap so that is a plus point too.
But the main concern comes here that who will be watching 3D content all the time.
Mostly we will view the 2D content and rarely we will see the 3D content.
To me spending a boom just for 3D is not worth, well the thinking some may be different here.
Now the PQ for HX850 is really very good and has no comparison.
But still I would suggest you to rethink that whether you really need a 3D TV or not.

Minion

Conversation Architect
You should seriously consider Sony KDL-40HX850 even though its a 40 incher Its PQ will simply blow every other tvs if budget is problem you can get LG 42LM6700 for lower price.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
You should seriously consider Sony KDL-40HX850 even though its a 40 incher Its PQ will simply blow every other tvs if budget is problem you can get LG 42LM6700 for lower price.

They both would be out of budget, even the 40 inchers. Well, the HX850 definitely is, but I have not checked the price of LM6700 locally. And in any case, I dont want to go for 3D if its not above 46. I just feel its not worth.

I have another idea. Sorry for changing plans so frequently :D, but I just want to make absolutely sure that I am doing the right thing. I am now thinking of buying a normal 40 incher and a PS3 with my budget, 80K. I do not think it is the right time to buy a 3D TV. In the 40 inch, I liked the NX650, EX650, EH5000 (though not sure if its still available) and the F5100. Please suggest if this is a good idea.

Thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
EH5000 is a cheap and good option not the best, I would suggest you to avoid it and look out for ES5600 or F5100 or above models.
Not buying a 3D is a good idea according to me :)

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
Yes, I have made up my mind for 40 EX650. What should be the ideal price range? Here, the lowest I am getting for 56k.

Top Bottom