A 1st Look at Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1235.0517 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The guys over at Messenger Adictos have made available the Spanish version of the next version of Windows Live Messenger, 8.5. The installer itself has been wrapped by them and sticks the actual installer in a folder in Program Files, where you can then install Live Messenger.

*www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/05/27/windows-live-messenger-8-5-a-first-look.aspx

looks quite good.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just used it on Windows Vista Ultimate X86. It is hard to get it working cos this is the Spanish version & every time I remove the "My sharing folder" made in Spanish, it reinstalls. I hope that MS will release a English & proper beta version soon.

It is as good as WLM 8.1 in stability & new features are buggy.

Here is a screenshot running on Windows Vista X86. The interface is WPF based as there is no tearing while resizing windows (Example). I thought Yahoo would come up with a Aero enhanced messenger first, now it seems Microsoft will :D. Too good, it looks Vista native.

*i19.tinypic.com/4u4r8up.jpg

Wonder what more features they will provide with this release other then cosmetic changes. I don't like the glossy top bar, it is very glossy. When will MS understand that this much glossiness sux.

I wish they provide file transfer facility with Yahoo messenger users at least via WLM.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
New beta builds of Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Messenger (8.5) AND the Windows Live Writer (a blog-authoring service/tool) are available to testers for download as of May 30, according to Microsoft.

The new version will integrate “features from OE (Outlook Express), Windows Mail AND Windows Live Mail desktop” (WLMd).

On the Live Writer front, Microsoft has made a first version of its blogging tool available in the U.S. since August 2006.

Download Both at *get.live.com/betas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom