;,_.-" G=A=M=E D3V3L0PM3N+ "-._,;

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Hi Everyone,
I know this section is for GamerZ...those who like to play games

But my post is a little different..
I am calling for all those who have ever tried to Develop a game :shock: On their own :shock: with any software such as flash, game maker factory, game maker, 3d game maker, RPG creator, etc,

Share your views :!: on Game Development...What games you have developed or willing to develop...What softwares you have used...Any new gaming idea...Give any resource link...

Just share some creativity beside Just playing Game :wink:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
hmmm ... using a 3D modelling tool like 3D Studio Max ..... creating high polygon models ... writing a corresponding maxscript ... importing it to C# .... using some Direct3D api's .... gets a bit too heavy for a single person doesn't it ??? I've made some 2D games in C# .. thats it ....

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Difficult?

Why 3D games using 3DS Max and Maya :?: , One can make 2D Games using Flash. Have you heard of GAME MAKER which can be found at www.gamemaker.nl.
:idea: Also Blitz Basic, 3D Game Maker , FPS Creator, these softwares give click and make approach.
Upload your games in whichever language you have created in...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I may be wrong, but I think in order to create complex 3d environments, you have to also utilise game engines like the doom engine or the unreal engine or the latest source engine from HL2. Also you have to program the AI, etc. One of my office colleagues developed some 2d using flash but I do not personally know of anyone developing 3d games in India.

Re: Difficult?

softhunterdevil said:
Why 3D games using 3DS Max and Maya :?: , One can make 2D Games using Flash. Have you heard of GAME MAKER which can be found at www.gamemaker.nl.
:idea: Also Blitz Basic, 3D Game Maker , FPS Creator, these softwares give click and make approach.
Upload your games in whichever language you have created in...

i am learning maya on my own and after the self tutorial ends i will definately try my hands on "game developing"
but ....
before that somebody needs to tell me
1.can one person alone create a game
2.with which software all these big games are created
3.what config, software, tools, skills you need????
plz help..

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Difficult??? Not at all...

nishant_garg89 said:
before that somebody needs to tell me
1.can one person alone create a game
2.with which software all these big games are created
plz help..

1.can one person alone create a game ?

One person can always create a game :shock: .Yes! Off course! :)
May not be a complex 3D Game like DOOM III but a simple 2D platform game like Mario, Chess, etc :?

Now, for creating a game one needs good music, small sound effects, images to be used in the game, may be some 3D elements too and an engine and interaction to be programmed ...I am throwing light on these :idea: ...so look below...

2.with which software all these big games are created?

Big games obviously uses 3D engines. So a 3D engine from Quake or Return to Castle Wolfeistein can be used by game creators...They use 3D models for their games which are build using Max and Maya. A huge number of programmesrs work on single minute detail for months to create a masterpiece, just for user's entertainment and some cash. But it should be mentioned some popular games still are 2D such as Age of Empires, or Mario, or Snake...So Nothing is possible to a willing heart and one should believe that and then approach. May be one can form a group on net and work on a project.

Now, for creating a game one needs good music, small sound effects, images to be used in the game, may be some 3D elements too...(for hardcore 3D Games)
Generally I create my own music using various softwares...I am soon going to upload three of them and you people judge whethere they are worth my work, sound effects are available on net and also can be created, images I create in Photoshop and MS Paint and regarding 3D, I am still a novice in the field and trying to go through tutorials. But on net free 3D models are available waitng to be used in the game.
Now comes an engine for the game and some interaction between the different elements of the game according to the user's idea...This engine and interaction part can be programmed or as a novice I refer to some good softwares that handle the both without any or much programming...
check out below...:arrow:

As I had mentioned earlier...
There is a software called GameMaker which can be found at Game Maker Homepage. . The software has both novice as well as advance use and one can use GML(Game Maker Language) to give the games some complex interaction and properties. The software is so simple to use, yet so powerful. Take some time at least once to check it out...It gives you trial version to try out...I am very fond of it and soon I am going to upload a few creations of mine using it.

3D Gamemaker is another software which can be found at 3D Game Maker Homepage. It gives you "Just Click to Create" approach. But it is a commercial software and not even a trial version is available. At the site you can also find out other softwares for making games.

So, all the best with Maya... 8)

I am hoping to upload some of my creations (music and games) soon :wink: ...

thankssssssss a lot softhunder..
you don't seem to be a novice to me
Well a very nice thread u hav started....
i hope more people come up with discussions in it

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
I am currently learning openGL so that i can do programming in it . I heard it is a good platform for developing games .

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Direct X programming:-

::Have your mouse clicked on these links following::

Game programming with DirectX

DirectX at Codeguru

DirectX at hotscripts

Easy DirectX

DirectX Programming Tutorials

Check out these links.......

But I cud not get ur level:
Novice? :(
Medium? :?
Exper? :)
Then I will be able to give you more links...

Till then hv fun :D

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Music Creation...

I have posted one music online...

An example of how I create music for my own need...

Download Link

<:Plz give your feedback:>

Soon Looking forward towards posting links of self made games...

thanks for telling abt game maker
its really cool...
soon i will be posting some of my creations

ps:this thread is becoming famous, that means people are also interested in creating a game rather than only playing it!

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
-:`Thanks Everybody`:-

I am honoured by ur comments, hope more and more people visit this section and give their positive contribution...

By d way dont forget to post what you learnt more...about game development...about some cool prgramming tool...about some cool tutorials...about everything that renders creativity...thanks all of you for sharing your ideas with me...

::ENJ :p Y::

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
GAM3 D3V3L0PM3NT R3S0URC3S

While I was browsing through the internet, searching for good game development guides and other resources, I came through these links, I liked them and bookmarked for myself, now I want to share these links with you all...

Game AI

AI for Game Developers

Game Developer Magazine

Artificial Intelligence from Theory to Fun!

The art and business of making games

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
GAME DEVELOPERS ON HIRE

THIS IS MAINLY FOR AX3

AS YOU WANTED TO KNOW...

any companies which hires new bies ???

Here are some links for you

Game Job News

Game Programmer

Flash Developer/Advanced Actionscripter

PopCap Games' Job Listings

People Wanted

Hope this will meet your requirements...

If you had specified the areas of your interest (software), the links would have been more specific...

Just check these out...they are good.

OP
softhunterdevil

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Creation Link

I am uploading a creation of mine

Matrix Effect

This is just as an example, so do not compare it with any other program

Looking forward for more uploads...

Status
Not open for further replies.