9600GT SLi Benchmarks , BEWARE( 3870X2) ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

saggygenius

I M BACK , WITH A BANG
Well after the launch of the 3870X2 card weeks ago , there was a much hype over it , to be the best card available which gives a kickass performance . But hey , It seems like everything in vain . I just looked ohe benchies for comparison of the 9600SLI & 3870X2. The 1st benchies i.e 3D marks were showing below par performance for the 9600Gt(Sli)
*xtreview.com/images/GeForce-9600-GT-SLI-performance-1.jpg

*xtreview.com/images/GeForce-9600-GT-SLI-performance-1-r.png
Which was making me feel sorry for the NVIDIA baby. But hey wait, something missing. I just kept refering the other behcnies. Then came the real one The gaming benchies. Well here The ball shifted to Nvidia’s court .Not a single game showing the 3870X2 better than the NVIDIA Baby.
*xtreview.com/images/GeForce-9600-GT-SLI-performance-2-r.png
So now after seeing these i am pretty much concerned about the 9600Gt SLi’s aboliry to kick the ass outa ATis ( so called) beast. Looking @ the pricing 3870X2 costs 470$, while the 9600SLi setup costs approx 350-360$ .

So 100$ less for a better performance , Nvidia wins the race again

SOurce :- THTD
& XTREVIEW

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
We are getting tired of new benchmarks and new graphics cards getting released every 6 months or so. I mean a new one is released with great benchmarks and exhorbitant prices and by the time the prices become reasonable and you decide to buy one, a newer one gets released. If I am not wrong (please correct me if I am), the 88xx series of cards got released in 2007 and now the 96xx series is out and you feel like a fool if you bought the 88xx series of 8x series cards or whatever.

Pathik

Google Bot
IMO the 3870 series may be more powerful but as we can see from the benchies the games are better optimised for Nvidia cards.

^^good point. Now that ATi is catching up with 55 nm vs nVidia's 65 nm, we can expect lots from ATi(AMD)
The same thing holds good for processors too. Not many apps are optimised for AMD's L3 cache usage.

PS: just made it to page 1 of members list by highest number of posts :D

bkpeerless

In the zone
i have started hating this nvidia and ati they realise one card after anather new card without any reason they should rather try to improve efficiency of old card .now mid range pc gfx r faster than ps3 if they r twicked by the companies but they cant ..that is why people r loosing intrest in pc gaming..

its funny that 3870 vs 9600GT makes 3870 win by both performance and pricing, but the X2 version sucks compared to the SLi. I think its an optimisation related problem. I hope a benchmark is also posted with 9600GT SLi vs HD3870 CrossFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom