2 n95 8gb
3 n81 8gb
4 n82 + 8gb card
5 k850 + 8gb card

r the last two combination possible in india

pls tell which has best sound quality among the first three

my doubts
1 does gps works in india esp in chennai
2 does airtel edge is real good to go 4 edge phone?
960 doesnot have edge will i miss it? im somewhat dependent on mobile internet

pls give me ur valuable opinion and advice

if u know any other 8gb option pls do mention.
skip iphone pls

any1 with first hand exp with there phones pls post it

thanks in advance

I

ImAClown

I think Nokia 6600 or 6700 (not sure which) meets ALL of your requirements... and also the upcoming Sony Ericsson K1200i.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
k1200????wats that?? 12 mp or sumthin :p

if your top priority is sound quality..noun comes close to the w960...

neun here who disagress??

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get a N95 8gb. Its the best phone currently available. I have not heard the other phones but i've spent several hours listening to music on my friends N95 with my HPM-70 earphones, and the sound quality is excellent (after you've adjusted the equaliser a bit). Plus the browser kicks ass (you can even view the 360 deg spins on GSMArena on it!) and you can watch Youtube on the phone too (with the help of emTube or MobiTubia).

I don't think 8gb cards are available in India and even if they are they'll be obscenely expensive. I think max. 4gb are available.

I think you must get a phone with EDGE. With EDGE I get a speed of 20 KBps on my phone but without EDGE I can only get 4. Plus for stuff like youtube, presence of EDGE will be very beneficial.

GPS can work everywhere on earth. So obviously it'll work in chennai as well.

sam_1710

Youngling
Go for the N95 - 8Gigs.. You'll never regret buyin it..
Btw.. you dont need Mobitubia or EmTube to view Youtube vids.. the default browser itself helps you view all youtube, dailyMotion... etc flash vids (provided you have upgraded to the latest v15 firmware)
Ive tried GPS in bangalore and chennai and it works flawlessly.. But the only problem is that it takes some time before your fone gets locked to the GPS satellite for the first time!! :)
Only one drawback is that th LoudSpeaker is not as loud as the N73.. but both the hpm 70 & EP-630 are too good with it!! :) :cool:

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
thanks everyone for reply

iamclown nice jokes frm u

pathiks , i use airtel edge in chennai on w810i but i can figure out it is giving full edge speed or just ordinary gprs
it is near dail up but not more than that
but i feel net on w810i is faster than w700i which has no EDGE
but i dont know exact specification of airtel in chennai pls sumone throw some light

krazyfrog do u mean 20kBps that is 160kbps
also nokia battery life is better
i enjoy nice bat life from my 810i

also abt gps i live in outskirts of chennai but driving in to chennai and back is very hectic

thats y i want gps is this servies good in chennai and india as well

pls someone shed light on n95 sound quality
i hate carrrying to devises thats why a 8gb phone
i want gud snd quality though not gr8

seeing 360 view on gsmarena is really coll but wont 960 support it???

i already have two hpm 70 headser and a eps 60 so headset is not a problem

so race come down to n95 vs w960i

i am with se for 2 yrs thats y i am inquiring lot abt nokia ( i am not a se fanboy)

pls more help need as it is a big investment for me
thanx in adv

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/02/nokia_n96_leaked.htm

n96

rumore ..16gb plus micro sd card slot .. impressive ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
man..bottomline is ..when it comes to sound quality w960 roks bigtime..it is the best music phone out there...are are many nokia fanboys here who would tel u that n95 sounds great and stuff..but the bottomline is that it does not come near..i own the k850 and the k850 sounds better than the n95 with bundled earphones neday...

coming to UI..the w960 has a touch walkman 3 menu with visualizations running in the background...fl support to many extensions...a more than enuf 3.2 mp cam..wifi..yea no edge..but i dnt see ne difference wartsoevr in gprs or edge speeds in india neway..

now its upto u...if u want sum xtras such as gps and 5 mp cam and want to compromise on sound quality and interface...then n95 else w960..

and btw w960 has a better battery life than ne nokia phone out there...

u can get the full review of what the w960 can do with videos of the same...njoy..

*blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-ericsson-w960-review-part-1/

napster007

Padawan
get the n95 8gb......Full on features

if you can sacrifice features the features a bit and need awesome sound go for the w960

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yes I meant 20 KBps, which is around 4-5 times faster than standard GPRS speeds. And i'm using Airtel gprs as well. And no, the 360 views won't work on P1i which has Opera Mobile which cannot match Nokia's S60 browser.

Don't worry about GPS, it works well here. Also battery life in N95 8gb is very good.

As for sound quality, i found the sound quality to be very good. I have a W710i and when I compare its sound with that of N95, I find that N95 has slightly weaker bass in comparison at default levels and one needs to use the equaliser to compensate for it. But the other freqs are fine and the overall volume is good as well. Overall the sound quality is very satisfactory and enjoyable. Plus you don't have to bother with adaptors since N95 8gb has a built-in 3.5mm jack, plus there is another one on the headset remote as well.

I can assure you that money spent on N95 8gb is money well spent. There are many owners of this phone here who can tell you that the phone rocks. Its the best you can get.

As for the people here who are calling others fanboys, i'd like to advise them to stop throwing stones at other peoples home as they themselves live in glass houses (with a big SE logos on it).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Grab a N95 8GB + creative EP-630.
This phone is simply superb.The other dont even come close.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@krazy-u comapre a W710 with an N95???? :O

i mean a 6k phone with a 30k phone and u xpect the 6k phone to be as good as the W960??

@threadstarter-if u want sheer music nirvana and a great UI for ur phone noun beats the w960...its one beast of a phone..and its gud lukin as well..nt the brick n95 is...

and the w960 is symbian so u do almost everything that the n95 can do OS wise..uiq is gtting popular and supports many appps nw...

newaz...please clearly state what u really want..coz wat i feel going by your requirements..W960 is the way to go...but if u like the N95 go fr it...in the end thts wat matters..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ I've listened to nearly all the Walkman phones and they all sound friggin' same to me. Price doesn't change anything. Listen to a W710i and a W950i back to back and you'll be hard pressed to find the difference. From what i've read W960i sounds exactly like the P1i or the W950i, except its a bit louder. And fyi, W710i costs 9k and not 6k. And still no matter how good W960i sounds, it does not change the fact that N95 sounds good as well, and that too to a wast majority of people. Plus what it loses in sound quality it makes up in other areas.

At the price at which W960i retails, it makes no sense at all. You can get the N95 8gb at that price, which has better display, better camera, better video recording, GPS, better OS with higher number of apps and much more. Its simply better value. You get more for the same amount you pay for. Even an absolute bonehead can grasp this fact and conclude that N95 8gb is indeed a better buy.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea if we go by krazy's figures Se should have been bankrupt by now...and all walkmans sound the same??...thts the stupidest thing i have ever heard...its like comparing sachin tendulakar to suresh raina saying tht both can bat...

enuf..threadstarter..i have based my point..have a look at the review i gave and then choose accordingly or 2 dyas later SE is going to announce a 3 inch touchscreen phone with 5 mp cam and bout 8 gb mem...wait for that..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well how many of them have you heard? Two? Five? Ten? In my case except for W200i, W900i, W910i and W960i, i've heard all the Walkmans. And yes they all sound nearly the same. Not just the Walkmans but the Cybershots and other SE phones as well. You'll have to put them through the RMAA drill to spot the difference. And have you even seen a W960i that you're raving so much about its sound quality? Atleast I know what i'm talking about.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
licensed N95 8GB user ;) says... the super phone.... the best all-rounder... uber kool... oomph machine... do I need to name it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom