8GB mem card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ce

Youngling
i have a nokia 5320XM ... planning to buy an 8gb mem card ... few questions

1. does it slow down the fone drastically ? ... i plan to use bout 5-6gb for music (bout 1200 songs) , 5-10 n-gage games , few themes , bout 25 apps , 500-2000 SMS msgs , 10-20 20min videos

2. do i go for SD or SDHC ?... sdhc is supposed to be better ... are all the presently available cards sdhc???

3. price ?... (preferably sp road, bangalore) ... of all types .. local, branded etc

utsav

damn busy...
U wont get a 8GB micro sd card anywhr in the world . U will only get sdhc whenever u buy over 2GB .
Save ur msgs in phone memory. 2500messages consume only 1.5MB approximately.
And thr will be no slowdowns in the phone if u get 8GB card. Just dont keep over 50files in a single folder (as recommended by nokia) and ur memory card access speeds and file browsing will be snappy too

utsav

damn busy...
I got the verbatim 8GB class 4 microsdhc from ebay for Rs828.75 after 15% discount coupon :D .its genuine one and comes with 3years manufacturers warranty. Go get it and u wont regret.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Which company is the best for memory card.? How is Sandisk and how much will an 8 GB card of Sandisk cost?

utsav

damn busy...
sandisk is costlier at around 1200Rs and gives 5 year warranty, verbatim is good too and its cheaper coz it has 3 year warranty and its enough coz u wont be using it for that long as after 3 years 128GB cards will be common :D . i still remember the days when my frnds used to bragg about with their 256MB cards just 2 years back :lol:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
A lot of fake cards r around in the market...Is there any method with which v can distinguish between the original and the fake ones??

utsav

damn busy...
to verify whether a kingston card is fake go here *www.kingston.com/asia/verifyflash/ .similar tools are available from all major memory card manufacturers

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
^ thanks for the info, rajhot

but the article looks old (Dec 07, 2007)...
i wonder what's the price currently...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom