8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
The iPhone’s camera does a darned fine job when it comes to taking quick and dirty pictures—launch it, press one key and it takes a pretty decent snap (for a mobile phone). More megapixels are required to take larger pictures, not better. And no mobile phone camera can take pictures with quality worthy of being framed—what’s the point of all those megapixels then which add to the bulk of the phone and slow down the camera’s operation?

Surely, u know that a good camera phone would beat an iphone even if shot in 2mp, as iphone doesnt fare well in low-light situations(also no AF na). While its true that no camera phone can beat a decent mid-range camera in terms of pic quality(AFAIK), i personally would prefer having a better quality pics using a device(at a much cheaper price) which i can always carry;as i'm no pro or even semi-pro, i'd rather carry a 100gm device which can capture pics better that iphone with the option of transferring to my friends, whenever i want to. And don't even talk abt lack of video capture.(though 3rd party beta apps coming)

Yes, it has a few strong points.But, certainly not enough to warrant such a huge price.(xcept for ppl like u who feel the strong points are reason enough as coincidentally those are the features u need the most, and the weak points the feature u dont need :) )

nikhilpai

Techans
Oh my God, I cannot forward stupid messages to my dimwit friends who spend at least one hour every day reading and replying to useless messages and expect me to do that same. I’m so doomed!

Sure, it’s a genuine drawback (because when you do want to forward the occasional important message, you have to type it all over again because there’s no copy-paste either), but not even nearly important enough for me to even momentarily think about. In fact, it’s proven itself to be a boon for me. Before the iPhone came along, my idiotic friends used to keep bugging me to send them forwards, sending me messages calling me a miser and “too important” or other such nonsense.

Now, they know I cannot forward messages at all, so they don’t expect me too. As a bonus, most of them are showing their anger by not sending me any forwards, so I only have to delete about one or two messages each day now, as opposed to the fifty I used to before. Win-win for me. :D

Just remembered a saying "Gir gaya toh bhi tangdi upar" :))

I know you don’t realise it* but you’re actually just agreeing with what I said. The iPhone’s camera does a darned fine job when it comes to taking quick and dirty pictures—launch it, press one key and it takes a pretty decent snap (for a mobile phone). More megapixels are required to take larger pictures, not better. And no mobile phone camera can take pictures with quality worthy of being framed—what’s the point of all those megapixels then which add to the bulk of the phone and slow down the camera’s operation?

People who need good quality pictures all the time do need to “carry a heavy 8 mega pixel digital camera” around. For everyone else, the iPhone camera does an OK job. Sure, it could be made even better but I’m glad that’s not Apple’s priority. It will be upgraded when everything else is working exactly as it should.

*… because you’re slow…

I have tried the iPhone cam and its aweful. Even if I agree for the moment that megapixels is not important, the iPhone is a BAD 2 megapixel phone. I tried taking pics in my office under perfect lighting conditions indoors with the Nokia N70, Nokia E65 and the iPhone. All are 2 MP cams. But the picture of the iPhone was so dark, u wudn't believe it. It just cannot adjust iteself in varying light conditions and this was a well lit room so I don't know what would have happened in a dark room. Nokia N70 & E65 produced wonderful bright pics.

I wanted to transfer the iPhone photo to my phone/PC so that I can post it here but then remembered that the iPhone doesn't transfer photos by bluetooth and my friend wasn't carrying his iPhone cable. :))

Both SMS forwarding and Bluetooth file sharing are good features and it’s a shame the iPhone lacks them. I did not disagree with that. I only threw in a scenario specific to me where not having the ability to forward texts has turned out to be exceedingly useful, whilst also mentioning how the feature could be useful sometimes.

Point noted......but the "Gir gaya toh bhi tangdi upar" still applies for the previous quote :))

Last edited:

1235Sam

Sameer
Oh my God, I cannot forward stupid messages to my dimwit friends who spend at least one hour every day reading and replying to useless messages and expect me to do that same. I’m so doomed!

Sure, it’s a genuine drawback (because when you do want to forward the occasional important message, you have to type it all over again because there’s no copy-paste either), but not even nearly important enough for me to even momentarily think about. In fact, it’s proven itself to be a boon for me. Before the iPhone came along, my idiotic friends used to keep bugging me to send them forwards, sending me messages calling me a miser and “too important” or other such nonsense.

Now, they know I cannot forward messages at all, so they don’t expect me too. As a bonus, most of them are showing their anger by not sending me any forwards, so I only have to delete about one or two messages each day now, as opposed to the fifty I used to before. Win-win for me. :D

It doesn’t give me the most important feature of the iPhone—EDGE on an iPhone. EDGE on that other phone won’t do and iPod touch doesn’t have EDGE, so an iPhone is my only option anyway.

Yeah, because that’s what I need in my pocket at all times, a phone that takes huge pictures.

And that phone with a 3.2 MP camera is twice the thickness of the iPhone, so you aren’t really saving any space. You also have two devices to keep charged, and you have to pause your music and unplug your ears every time you wish to make a call or receive one. And since no phone with a 3.2MP camera comes without music and video capabilities, you’d be wasting those (after having paid for them).

Yeah, rumours, the most trustworthy source out there.

Yeah, that might be a possibility, though that would probably mean having to bump the iPhone up a notch too. Maybe they’ll just drop the 8GB model of the iPod touch and keep only the 16GB and 32GB variants at the lowered prices. Then they won’t have to bump up the iPhone. :)

for me main drawbacks of iphone are
-no bluetooth file transfer
-ability to forward msg
-so so 2mp camera.sure no cam phone can match digi cam but phones with 3.2 mp onwards(esp from SE,nokia) do fair job.
-no java support.so we cannot install wide range of already available applications.
sure with 2.0 onwards iphone also has application support but that isnt java.so i cannot install app like oxford concise and thesaurus which i use frequntly(as i am preparing for gre)
-no multitasking support
-cost:31k is too much for the feature it offers

the main feature of iphone for me is its UI.just awesome.but at the same time i cannot live without above drawbacks

thus for me ipod touch+mid range range feature phone is much better option.(eg ipod touch +k790=23k)
sure there are drawbacks of carrying 2 separate gadgets but look at the advantages

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Haven't we talked about all this stuff enough times already. Talking about it repeatedly wouldn't do anything. I mean it was OK when the iPhone was new and all. But after more than a year it is getting kinda boring. Like a scratched record playing over and over again.

For some people criticizing the iPhone has become the sole purpose of their life. Seriously if you don't like the iPhone then just forget about it. Why would you want to waste your time and energy finding faults with something which you don't like anyway? Just ignore it. It's not like Apple is forcing the iPhone on you or anything. Last time I checked you still have the power to NOT buy it if you don't like it. :p

So now I'll be a good boy and ask the Mods to close this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom