8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
But Tech2 is from Network18 stable.So they just cant keep writing whatever they feel.
So i guess this 'might' be true.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Dude, its Tech2. Those guys are part of Network 18. CNN-IBN, CNBC in.com etc.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Mate I know it's a part of Network 18.My major concern is that why isn't this news available on Vodafone's official website.I mean if it's any official statement being made for the pricing then sure more light needs to be shed rather than just this bit of shallow information.If it's true then it will prove potentially harmful for any provider to sell these phones across in India.

Who

Guess Who's Back
well here another website with same news ....
*infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3356155.cms

Power UP

In the zone
Wow 31k huh ?? :eek: [if the news is true]

Without 3G atm + ............. , now who would buy iPhone, of course the crowd that wants a $hinyPhone :D

Seriously by the time 3G officially launches which is most probably next year , even more new feature rich phones would have been launched ( Probably even iPhone Version 3).

First they quote it at 31k and people bash it like anything. Then they actually price it at 25k and people think its not so expensive so lets buy it. What a strategy man!
+1 ^^ something like this is gonna happen

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
BTW guys ever walked into Shoppers Stop to buy a Nokia phone or a SE phone? They charge the same amount for the N96s etc.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The irony would be that we could get the older IPhones for prices cheaper than this one & that too without a contract.;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Yeah I guess buying that makes more sense. All you will be missing is native GPS & 3G. Who cares.

Who

Guess Who's Back
you can call with a PSP via skype , you can even mod a PSP into a phone or you can use applications (but calls will be still done via skype) , you can do alot of things with a PSP (modded) , you can even buy a camera (Official) & take pics , videos what not ?

Let me tell you even if its off topic , you can do nearly all sort of things with a modded PSP , thus its one of the best devices out there. (portable)

Pat

Beyond Smart
Did you guys read the user comments on tech2 ? Damn, they are funny. Everyone is quoting their sources and coming up with their own pricing :D Honestly, I don't think tech2's claims are any better than all of them.

I hope you know what we are talking about. In case you didn't know, we are talking about a PHONE.
iPhone has been described by apple itself as an entertainment gadget with a phone attached. :p

And reviews too state that as far as calling quality is concerned, iPhone is just ANOTHER phone. It also lacks several important phone exclusive features like MMS.

So I feel fully justified comparing iPhone with PSP.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Actually i am very impressed by that device lately & i bet you haven't used a modded PSP have you ? , it really is a great device , yeah its not a phone you can use nearly most of the features a good 3-4 k phone provides , remember its an gaming device that too portable , you can read comics , PDF (via applications) , watch videos , play music , use google maps via Wlan , surf , chat , call (skype) , play games , with emulators for PSP you can play games from NES to GBA & these are only some of the features i have discovered in a month , there are still some to be discovered.

of course i would become a fan something so outstadning for a cost of 8.9 K (+ memory card (1.5k 4 GB) + modding charges (500) ).

Anyway i am sorry posting something off topic , i will refrain myself from doing so in the near future.

Actually i am very impressed by that device lately & i bet you haven't used a modded PSP have you ? , it really is a great device , yeah its not a phone you can use nearly most of the features a good 3-4 k phone provides , remember its an gaming device that too portable , you can read comics , PDF (via applications) , watch videos , play music , use google maps via Wlan , surf , chat , call (skype) , play games , with emulators for PSP you can play games from NES to GBA & these are only some of the features i have discovered in a month , there are still some to be discovered.

of course i would become a fan something so outstadning for a cost of 8.9 K (+ memory card (1.5k 4 GB) + modding charges (500) ).

Anyway i am sorry posting something off topic , i will refrain myself from doing so in the near future.
Well, I have a friend with a PSP. Yes its very good indeed from what I have seen. How much FPS do you get during PS1 emulation ? Does it play PS1 & PSP ISOs ? Are you able to surf this forum and <post> through it ?

BTW, does modding void warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom