8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider21

1Click to Rule them All
iphone 3G Indian pricing out

The 8 GB version of the iPhone 3G will cost Rs. 31,000:mad:, while the 16 GB version will cost between Rs. 36,000:x and Rs. 37,000.

These prices are not inclusive of the plan these phones will come bundled with.

Customers buying the iPhone will have a choice of plans to choose from, so stay online with us to get those details soon.

SOURCE:- Tech2.com

shashank_re

In the zone
Re: iphone 3G Indian pricing out

What a joke!!!!!!! What are those guys thinking about Indians??!!

Rs.37000 for a phone which doesnt have even basic features like Video Recording and MMS.

This is iJoke or iCrap

Pat

Beyond Smart

Its not official yet. I still have some hopes. But if it is actually going to be so expensive, its bye bye iPhone for me :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I saw some really cool news on that website for this month. YAY killing time for me.
Btw website's design sucks. underlining the comments on hover is sick.

Pat

Beyond Smart

I guess some people are going to be really happy reading this ;)

raksrules

Youngling
The wait is finally over. The pricing of the most-awaited gadget Apple iPhone, to be launched in India on August 22, is out.

Reports indicate that the 8 GB version of the 3G iPhone will cost Rs 31,000, while the 16 GB version will cost between Rs 36,000–37,000. :mad:

The prices are not inclusive of the plan the phone will come bundled with.

Last week Bharti Airtel and Vodafone announced that they will launch iPhone on August 22.

In a statement, Bharti said that millions of Airtel subscribers will be able to purchase the iPhone at Airtel's Relationship Centres from August 22.

"iPhone has been an iconic technological revelation of this year and Airtel has been at the forefront of innovation and customer delight in the Indian telecom sector," Sanjay Kapoor, President, Bharti Airtel mobile services, said.

iPhone is embedded with all 3G features and is twice as fast as the existing mobile phones. The phone also has in-built GPS system, which facilitates as navigation and positioning tool.

Source: *infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3356155.cms
*www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-phones/iphone-3g-pricing-out/44621/0

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

I can't be sure enough if this is trolling or just hype, let some Mac user show up and then I will say.

Edit: Both threads merged!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

not me, i was talking about S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Clear Sky
*www.tech2.com/india/topstuff/games/games-of-august-2008/44591/0

zomg I cant believe the time has passed swiftly and its nearer day by day. What awaits you in the zone this time Stalker ?

Am least bothered abt iphone, simply it doesn't suit my need.

raksrules

Youngling
3G.... where is 3G in India. These operators will take another 1 yr to just start 3G services. Till then kya fayda. I already have a 3G enabled nokia 6630 but cannot use its 3G capabilities.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
coollll... please i ask the person of incharge for price to raise it to say 60k for 8 gb and 1 lakh for 16 gb .. so that we people of india can buy in dozens...

wht a crap....

tell them to ........^%$@%#$!@#@~#~!@!@!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
LOLZ......31K for 8GB :D:D:D:D:D:D

I can buy Nokia N82 & Nokia N73 ME for 33k total. The got more features & ease of use compared to iPhone.

I can buy a entry level laptop for this prise.....WTHthe hell is Airtel thinking, 31k for a phone...even the filthy rich will think twice about it.

Arya's next years birthday gift from his dad - iPhone 3G, just cos he can buy one....

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Alright, where is the official iPhone salesman here?
Let them officially advertise these rates - I wanna see the reaction.
Those ppl who wanted iPhone for the "showoff" factor, hav already got them. Now who is gonna buy a crappy over-hyped thing for 31k? :confused:

btw, does it have multi channel support?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Let us see...

iPhone Subsidized in USA = $ 200 which comes to about Rs 8,000

iPhone unlocked in USA $ 600 = Rs 24,000

iPhone in India = Rs 31k for 8 GB....with contract...

That's the most expensive phone in the history of India I guess. Even Nokia N95 8 GB wasn't that much at launch :D

So, whose buying iPhone from Airtel/Vodafone

I just called my roommate who booked it with Vodafone thinking it is for Rs 12k maximum. He was sleeping, yelled & woke up to go online at home to check the prices. Lolz...I am buying Nokia N82 for 19k & he was mocking me for wasting so much money....

First they quote it at 31k and people bash it like anything. Then they actually price it at 25k and people think its not so expensive so lets buy it. What a strategy man!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
First they quote it at 31k and people bash it like anything. Then they actually price it at 25k and people think its not so expensive so lets buy it. What a strategy man!
people fall for it like sale in the bazaar...lolz

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
37k + Say 10k Contract, over all price of 50k.
Price Justified if iPhone was only for the rich and affluent. The new status symbol.
I see many guys own a N95.
So this iPhone Thing should really be priced 1 Lac ;)

Pat

Beyond Smart
Let us see...

iPhone Subsidized in USA = $ 200 which comes to about Rs 8,000

iPhone unlocked in USA $ 600 = Rs 24,000

iPhone in India = Rs 31k for 8 GB....with contract...

That's the most expensive phone in the history of India I guess. Even Nokia N95 8 GB wasn't that much at launch :D

So, whose buying iPhone from Airtel/Vodafone

Dude you really need to take a chill pill. The news about rates/plans/contracts is not official yet. Also iPhone without contract is $599 plus taxes which is nearly around 27k in INR.

Dude I cant believe you actually copied my comment from tech2 user comments. Are all your posts a copy of someone or the other ? :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ that was one funny statement which I couldn't help myself from copy pasting :D..why type again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom