8800GT in the house ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
entrana said:
shud have waited a few days to get this, its cheaper and better than my gts. dam nvidia people are weird
I told u homei!
Besides nVidia is also preparing to launch the 128 shader version of 8800 GTS...which is supposed to be somewhat better than 8800 GT and still the 256 MB 8800 GT is in the line which should come in some soft price!

goobimama

 Macboy
*common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/19/0,1425,i=193378,00.gif
WTF! I recently got Gears of War and the thing frames on my 7900GT. Now this is the only game that has actually got me really interested and I can't play it. Anyway, I was thinking, is it worth it buying this card and plugging it into a Pentium 4 3Ghz + 915GAV + 1GB DDR400 setup?

Also, what would I get if I sell my 7900GT? 4k?

OP
deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
^^ Its not the GPU .. UE3.0 based games "really" require a dual core cpu ... i ran Gear of War maxed out at 1280*1024 on my 7950GT with the same config as in my sig ...

BTW ... just for ur info , i run Gears of War maxed out at 1280*1024 , 8x CSAA under XP .. 45+ fps .. so even on your config , u should see some noticeable improvement .. but likewise .. 7900GT should easily handle UE3.0 maxed out .. i'd prefer u to get a dual core cpu first ..

goobimama

 Macboy
Ah thanks. Is that 6750 thingie good enough for most purposes? (just kidding, I know it is)

Btw, I run gears of war on 1600*900 or something. It gives me the same framerates as 1024*768 so I say what the hell! Also, I need to play at high resolutions cause lower resolutions look crappy on the 24" monitor you see...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
@Deathvirus do u use enhancer.
I compared the performance of Gears Of War X360 with PC and i found that during explosions Gears Of War X360 slows down to about 17 FPS where as this is not the case with GOW PC.I also found pc graphics a bit superior.

goobimama

 Macboy
Update: I guess it's not the GPU after all! I thought what the heck, let's try this game on full resolution (1920*1200) with full settings just to see how it looks. What the heck, almost no framerate difference. It does choke during intense scenes but still playable. I wonder what a C2D will do for me :) (I also wonder what my playing standards are... I hope I'm not getting like 8fps or something)

Also, UE3.0 is the new Unreal engine I take it? One more thing, what about Crysis? Should I even attempt to try that?

Okay one last question:
If I get the 6750 or the 6650 I will have to get one of those G33 chipset motherboards cause of the 1333Mhz bus speed right? Which one is the cheapest but most reliable of the lot? I'm not looking to overclock anything. What about this one: XFX 650i-Ultra NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra 1333 FSB Rs.4900

Last edited:
OP
deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
^^ E6750 and 650i ... or if u don't plan to OC .. then X2 6000+ and M2N SLi ,, either way.. ... dual core is a must now-a-days ... even X2 4000+ makes a huge diff ..

@Deathvirus do u use enhancer.
I compared the performance of Gears Of War X360 with PC and i found that during explosions Gears Of War X360 slows down to about 17 FPS where as this is not the case with GOW PC.I also found pc graphics a bit superior.
Yeah , i force CSAA using nHancer ... and the lowest fps i've seen till now on GoW was around 35 ..

Also, UE3.0 is the new Unreal engine I take it? One more thing, what about Crysis? Should I even attempt to try that?
Yeah .. UE3.0 -> Unreal Engine 3.0 ... quite a few games use it now .. and u should see similar performance in almost all of the titles .. Bioshock , MoH Airborne , Gears of War et.c etc. ..

And about Crysis ... with a single core , u'll have to sacrifice a lot on the physics. .. turn it to low , and u should suffer from massive slowdowns during fights or explosions .. btw ... even a 8800GTX would struggle running the game at 1920*1200 , high :p .. so u'll have to mess with the settings a lot to find a good one for ur config ..

wats the WEI score
WEI ??

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Hey yo all!!!!!!
Don't buy any of the AMD processor...especially AMD X2.
AMD just launched Phenom (Quad Core) and it's on and its cheaper than Q6600!

So if you are planning to buy AMD then wait for atleast 2 months and see if AMD is still got something with the new PHENOM K10 Processors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom