800mb into 700mb disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I've compressed a 1.1 gig folder into 'bout 800mb............................... now my friend needs this data................................................................... but all i have is a cd writer ....................................................................... is there any way i can compress it further and write it on disc? ....................... 4 u r info i used winrar and compressed in rar format and I own a samsumg DVD/CD-RW combo drive........................................................................... Thanx in advance...........

pannaguma

Turn The Page
your options are:
1>use winrar to create split archives of whatever sizes you want
2>or use [SIZE=-1]UHA - UHARC Compressed Archive, which actually compresses upto 10 times.[/SIZE]

saggygenius

I M BACK , WITH A BANG
use tools like WIN UHA,or KGB compressor,
these are the high compression tools , better than WIN ZIP & winrar,
try them,
hey the file size is 834 MB right,
so try burning the file using the overburning option in nero,
or else use the above tool,

P.S:-the compression takes a lot of time, so make sure you have a high end processor with attleast 1 GIG ram,[b/]

pannaguma

Turn The Page
^^ in the window of winrar just before compression starts, there are many tabs and many options on each tab. on the first tab, in the lower left corner, you will see option to create split archives. select 700MB (CD) from the drop down list. so it will create two parts, 1st of 700mb & 2nd of 143mb.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Quiz_Master said:
^^ No U can't. Data will be currupt.
Seriously u can't overburn more then 10-12 Mbs.

Hi pal 4 ur info i would like to tell u that had overburned 865mb data to a 700 mb disc using LG DVD writter and i am still using the disc without any pro.;) ;)

Last edited:

pannaguma

Turn The Page
CA50 said:
Hi pal 4 ur info i would like to tell u that had overburned 865mb data to a 700 mb disc using LG DVD writter and i am still using the disc without any pro.;) ;)

was it a DATA cd or a VCD. coz while burning VCD if length of the file is less than 80min (or 74min) it will get burned regardless of file size. (i mean upto a reasonable limit). i have seen 753MB VCDs.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
me also seen more than 700MB VCD on a 700MB cd , when i try to copy to another CD , cant copy it ...... :(
somewhere heard that you can write more than 700MB with UltraISO ( a software) , me and my friends try to make that but cant :( :(

CA50

Cyborg Agent
pannaguma said:
was it a DATA cd or a VCD. coz while burning VCD if length of the file is less than 80min (or 74min) it will get burned regardless of file size. (i mean upto a reasonable limit). i have seen 753MB VCDs.

Its a VCD. On chcking the properties i found it to be 865 mb:eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom