7770 0r 7850 for my configuration

ramk89

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if my PSU can handle a 2gb 7850 or should i just stick with 7770. And can you guys also quote the prices from different manufacturers and suggest which one should i go for.

Thanks in adavance for your suggestions.:-D

This is the configuration that i have.

Processor Intel Core i5 3450
Motherboard GIGABYTE-B75-D3H
RAM Corsair vengance 4gb*2
Monitor Dell ST2220L
PSU Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Though the 7850 is a powerful card, its power consumption is not as much. The cx430 V2 should b fine IMO.
However if you re going to oc the gpu, you might consider upgrading the psu.

koolent

Youngling
The 7xxx Series is the secret! It provides you with much more efficiency as compared to the 6xxx Series or so. The much smaller transistors and better technologies will make the least use of your PSU's power and provide gaming experience better than the 6850.

koolent

Youngling
I am a glad owner of the 430 v2! However mine is just a few months old, It can handle the OC of my 6770 and C2D E7400 both simultaneously. Indeed a nice PSU.

Thetrueblueviking

CX430 is a very good PSU it can handle the OC edition of R7850.

Factory OCd models dont even cross 950 mhz. The 7850 is a beast and OP can OC it to 1.2 Ghz or even more.
A 7850 OCd to 1200 core can give almost the same performance as the stock 7950 or a stock 580.

Must have a look here - Capture.PNG

Last edited:

koolent

Youngling
@Thetrueblueviking- At stock only, the card rocks and its not bad to get one for the @OP has a CX430 v2, after some time he can consider upgrading.

Thetrueblueviking

^^
If OP hasn't yet bought the psu, it would be better investing more now rather than upgrading later as in that case he ll end up spending more. But if already has the cx430V2 (which seems to be the case), then he could upgrade later.

Lets leave it for OP to decide whats best for him. He hasn't posted after starting the thread.

koolent

Youngling
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if my PSU can handle a 2gb 7850 or should i just stick with 7770. And can you guys also quote the prices from different manufacturers and suggest which one should i go for.

Thanks in adavance for your suggestions.:-D

This is the configuration that i have.

Processor Intel Core i5 3450
Motherboard GIGABYTE-B75-D3H
RAM Corsair vengance 4gb*2
Monitor Dell ST2220L
PSU Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK

It turns out that he has the PSU already. But yep, you are right @Thetrueblueviking, OP hasn't answered yet. So, lets leave it upto him.

OP
R

ramk89

Right off the assembly line
Thank you evry1 for your suggestions...got help up at work so couldn't post a reply earlier...i already have the cx430 so i'm thinking of getting a stock 7850 for now and oc it later aftr upgrading my psu...wat do u guys say and plz suggest current prices for 7850...i will most probably buying it online or from chennai.

And once again thank you everyone for all your valuable suggestions.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Get this model it's the best of 7850.*www.flipkart.com/msi-amd-r7850-pow...94-ef3547b43220&srno=s_5&otracker=from-search
You can get it for 14k locally and for 15.2k on flipkart

Thetrueblueviking

Thank you evry1 for your suggestions...got help up at work so couldn't post a reply earlier...i already have the cx430 so i'm thinking of getting a stock 7850 for now and oc it later aftr upgrading my psu...wat do u guys say and plz suggest current prices for 7850.

You can manage a factory OC variant .... just dont plan on OCing it further...
The one nighthawk posted is OCd to 950 mhz would be a good buy.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even if OP OC the gpu the the power consumption won't increase much and with the cpu he has the PSu should be enough ...

Top Bottom