7660G vs 7660G+7670M CF

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i have a HP G6 2313AX which has a A10 4600M 6GB 1600Mhz RAM n 7670M 2GB DDR3 GPU now my question is i have being gaming on this lappy for a few months now but i cant understand one thing whenever i enable CF i get a FPS drop instead of a boost i dont get it i should get atleast a 30 to 40% boost when i CF i dont exactly know the scaling of these cards BTW i always keep the lappy on high performance profile while gaming. pls guys help me i wanna understand wats going on i play games like splinter cell : blacklist, Tomb raider etc n in most of the games i get a lag while CF i tried monitoring the both the 7660G n the 7670M by opening two gpu-z simultaneously but it seem there is some problem in the detection i get wrong clocks n i guess incorrect read for 7660G

$hadow

Geek in making
Update the driver and cf is not always that much helpful in some games. It some times lead to the problem you mentioned above.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
crossfire and SLI work only when they have a profile for that particular game in the drivers.
only then it gives 1.2-1.6x performance...
in all other cases, performance increase is negligible.

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
Hi , I also have the Hp G6-2301 AX with A-8 quad core along with 4GB RAM, and the same gfx that you have. I am having a weird problem while gaming, sometimes the frames drops to around 15fps for a few seconds and then comes back to normal on almost all games I have played yet..COD:MW3, Battlefield 3, NFS Most Wanted 2012 etc even though my laptop is set on high performance and I am using a Cooler Master cooling pad as well.
Can you tell me what do I need to do to fix this problem.
Also how do we do CF on this gfx card.Can you guide me to this or to any website that mentions the same.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
you can CF the card by

- right click on the desktop
- graphic properties
- gaming
- amd dual graphics

just tick the enable crossfire option

n try updating the GPU driver the latest stable one is the 13.9 which i m using the beta has some problems that i faced so un installed it

Hi , I also have the Hp G6-2301 AX with A-8 quad core along with 4GB RAM, and the same gfx that you have. I am having a weird problem while gaming, sometimes the frames drops to around 15fps for a few seconds and then comes back to normal on almost all games I have played yet..COD:MW3, Battlefield 3, NFS Most Wanted 2012 etc even though my laptop is set on high performance and I am using a Cooler Master cooling pad as well.
Can you tell me what do I need to do to fix this problem.
Also how do we do CF on this gfx card.Can you guide me to this or to any website that mentions the same.

First CF doesn't work at all in dx10 games. Even in dx11 games there are only 5-6 games that support CF very well. Others give fps drop. For me most wanted 2012 was completely unplayable with CF enabled.

bhvm

Journeyman
The AMD Dual graphics is only optimized for DX11 or above. If you're playing DX9 or DX10 games, its better to disable CF. Also set power options to HIGH PERFORMANCE. Go to ATI control panel and set the grapics to more powerful one. Download MSI afterburner to check which GPU is being used or not.

Top Bottom