70k Gaming rig with HD TV monitor

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
3/3.5 feet is more than enough from a large screen with Brightness and Contrast set optimally. Thats the distance I maintain between my 46 inch display when gaming. While surfing I set the power save mode of the TV to Hi and that takes care of the glaring whites of the webpages.

For Gaming a wireless mouse even a Rs 7000 razer will have lag. So wired solution is better.

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
3/3.5 feet is more than enough from a large screen with Brightness and Contrast set optimally. Thats the distance I maintain between my 46 inch display when gaming. While surfing I set the power save mode of the TV to Hi and that takes care of the glaring whites of the webpages.

For Gaming a wireless mouse even a Rs 7000 razer will have lag. So wired solution is better.

How do you manage the cables? Don't they get all tangled up?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
How do you manage the cables? Don't they get all tangled up?

Yes they do,you can use some cable ties to keep them neat,though.I have a full fledged Audio System connected with the Computer and the 46 inch Display with Floorstanding Jamo Speakers and Denon 1500AE Amplifier/SACD player and a Razer Mako too,and I switch between them while gaming,its a big time wire mess for me and we have to learn to live with that. A Necessary Evil ,I would say,but worth it.:)

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
Hi all, so I've finally saved up for this rig and plan to make the purchase within this week. For those of you who're reading the thread for the first time, the config are as follows -

AMD FX 8350 4GHz @ 11.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 7.2K
GSkill RipjawX F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL 8GB X 1 1600 MHz CL10 @ 4K
Toshiba/ WB Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD @ 3.8K
Corsair 400R Cabinet @ 4.5K
Seasonic s12 620w @rs 4800
Sapphire HD 7970 Dual Fan Version @ 28K
Asus 24X SATA Black DVD R/W @ 1K
Logitech K270 Wireless keyboard - 1085
Logitech M950 wireless mouse - 5.9k

Total - 71,885

What I'd like to know is if this is still the best rig in my budget (70k), or are there any new/better/cheaper components that I'm not aware of?

I'd also appreciate it if someone can update the prices, it's been a couple of months and I'm hoping that somethings would've become cheaper.

Hi all, so I've finally saved up for this rig and plan to make the purchase within this week. For those of you who're reading the thread for the first time, the config are as follows -

What I'd like to know is if this is still the best rig in my budget (70k), or are there any new/better/cheaper components that I'm not aware of?

I'd also appreciate it if someone can update the prices, it's been a couple of months and I'm hoping that somethings would've become cheaper.

prices:

AMD FX 8350 4GHz (12.5k)
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 7.2K
GSkill RipjawX F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL 8GB X 1 1600 MHz CL10 @ 4K (get ram from FK, its chepest there. Prices keep changing daily, so get the cheaper of ripjawsX or Vengance. HyperX Blu is also an option)
Toshiba/ WB Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD @ 3.8K
Corsair 400R Cabinet @ 4.5K
Seasonic s12 620w @rs 4800
Sapphire HD 7970 Dual Fan Version @ 28K

One more thing, where will you be sitting while using the PC? If you will not be using a disk or something of similar height to keep the hand in proper position, you may not benefit from the enhanced ergonomics and/or high dpi of the mice.

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
I'll be sitting on my bed, around 4 feet away from the PC. Will most probably use a wooden table to place my keyboard and mouse. Will that be a problem?

Edit: I'll also be needing an UPS. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I'll be sitting on my bed, around 4 feet away from the PC. Will most probably use a wooden table to place my keyboard and mouse. Will that be a problem?

Edit: I'll also be needing an UPS. Any suggestions?

> Can you post a pic? :)

> APC 1.1 kVA is best for you. Let someone else tell the price as I'm not aware of it.

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
This is a quote that i got from a dealer at Nehru Place. What do you guys think? I'm in talks with a few other dealers as well and will go with the one who gives the best quote -

AMD FX 8350 4GHz (12.5k)
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 - 7.5k
Corsair 1600Mhz 8GB - 4.6k
Toshiba 1TB 7200 RPM HDD - 4.3k
Corsair 400R Cabinet - Not available
Seasonic s12 620w - 5.2k
Sapphire HD 7970 OC 3GB - 32k

The prices in bold are different from the ones suggested on this forum. Total comes down to 74k without cabinet (which exceeds my budget)

ankush28

Bazinga
+1 for gigabyte 7970 windforce
Get WD blue 500gb available for 3.8-3.9k on FK or local stores
All things are highly overprices better seach in another shop smc or costtocost

Get lil cheaper mice in 70k rig 6k for mice :shocked:

rock2702

Padawan
This is a quote that i got from a dealer at Nehru Place. What do you guys think? I'm in talks with a few other dealers as well and will go with the one who gives the best quote -

AMD FX 8350 4GHz (12.5k)
Seasonic s12 620w - 5.2k

The prices in bold are different from the ones suggested on this forum. Total comes down to 74k without cabinet (which exceeds my budget)

I sent you a PM.Kindly check.

Limitless

Journeyman
In Nehru Place you can get FX 8350 for 11k at Computer Empire I just got my PC assembled :D
I recommend you to visit Computer Empire in Nehru Place!

AMD FX 8350 4GHz (12.5k)
Seasonic s12 620w - 5.2k

Thats pretty expensive.

Motherboard should not be priced more than 7.3k.

For ram, check on FK, currently thy are providing the lowest prices.

Graohic card is hugely overpriced. Sapphire one should be around 28-29k. +1 for windforce.

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
Everybody i have talked to in Nehru Place is quoting similar or higher prices. The reason they are giving is the recent hike in the dollar rates.

Also, I checked with SMC International and Gigabyte 7970 OC is out of stock (even though their website lists it as available). Is there any alternate graphics card that I can look at?

I would like to play recent games at Ultra settings and I don't want to spend more than 30k on the gfx card. Is there card apart from 7970 that meets these specifications?

Everybody i have talked to in Nehru Place is quoting similar or higher prices. The reason they are giving is the recent hike in the dollar rates.

Also, I checked with SMC International and Gigabyte 7970 OC is out of stock (even though their website lists it as available). Is there any alternate graphics card that I can look at?

I would like to play recent games at Ultra settings and I don't want to spend more than 30k on the gfx card. Is there card apart from 7970 that meets these specifications?

Asus, gugabyte, Sappphire are good brands. Try to fing Sapphire HD7970 VapourX. Also try on theitdepot, theitwares, mdcomputers and primeabgb.

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
I checked with the dealers you mentioned Harshil and 7970 is either out of stock or overpriced. I'm contemplating buying the graphics card from the US and having a friend bring it over to India. I found Saphire 7970 VapourX on newegg for $370...that's around 22,000.

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but will the graphics card be compatible with the Asus M5A97 that I'll buy from India?

I checked with the dealers you mentioned Harshil and 7970 is either out of stock or overpriced. I'm contemplating buying the graphics card from the US and having a friend bring it over to India. I found Saphire 7970 VapourX on newegg for $370...that's around 22,000.

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but will the graphics card be compatible with the Asus M5A97 that I'll buy from India?

Yes it will be. BTW there could be a warranty issue on imported cards.

Top Bottom