7 days old WD 160Gb Sata 3.0Gbps Harddisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i bought a 160 gb Western Digital hdd for 2000 bucks. i have the bill n its wit 5 years warranty just 7 days old.
i have a old via chipset mobo which has ide ports ,so i also bought a pci sata to ide converter but the hdd is not being detected.
i tried it on my frnds pc which has sata mobo n there it was detected.
i tried exchanging the hdd for an ide one but bcoz its open now the shopkeeper is unwilling to do it.so i have to sell it now.
n its as good as a new piece, Ive only connected it and disconnected it . Not a single bit of data has been written on it as my PC simply refused to detect it. But it works perfectly on another pc.
im frm bombay n i want to sell it fast .
any1 interested.

Last edited:

godsownman

Padawan
I have PM'd you the bid. I hope its acceptable. Do reply back here or via PM.

Are you selling the card too with the HDD ?

Thanks you.

why sell it when you can instead convert it to a USB external drive ? Just uy a casing. Its also possible to boot off a USB device, but the mobo must be supporting it. Otherwise you can create a bootable floppy to do that for you.

gopz

In the zone
Very valid suggestion, gautham...why sell it for a pittance, when you can use it as a backup storage!

OP
S

sensationalboy

Broken In
WTH u all dont read b4 u post o wat. i hav already said tat i hav tried the pci sata to ide card but my stupid mobo is unable to detect the hdd.
i hav tried every possible thing.
plz do not giv me suggestions bcoz its of no use as i hav already tried everything.
its just that the shopkeeper is not changing it to ide , tats y i want to sell it.
plz frnds read before posting.

utsav

damn busy...
Thats how much even he paid for, what do you mean to say?

claiming the warranty is much easier if the seller is of ur city and buying 2nd hand is always a riskier job.i hav lost 2600bucks after buying a gfx card from a forum member in this forum.he was banned for that.

WTH u all dont read b4 u post o wat. i hav already said tat i hav tried the pci sata to ide card but my stupid mobo is unable to detect the hdd.
i hav tried every possible thing.
plz do not giv me suggestions bcoz its of no use as i hav already tried everything.
its just that the shopkeeper is not changing it to ide , tats y i want to sell it.
plz frnds read before posting.
don't try SATA to PCI card. Use a SATA to USB casing. It will work 100% on all PCs with USB ports.
The read before posting goes to you too. We all said USB casing, not PCI converter*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom