650VA APC ups malfunctioning-need assistance

quicky008

Technomancer
I own a 650VA APC ups.I have been using it for the last 3 years and i have never faced any issues with it.But of late,whenever a load-shedding takes place,my PC simply restarts despite being connected to my ups.This has been happening for the last couple of weeks.Though the color of the LED on the ups changes to yellow during power cuts,indicating that it is providing power from the built-in battery,this still happens,unfortunately.

Is something wrong with my UPS?What can i do to resolve this issue?Please help

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
it can be that ur UPS is taking more load than it can handle or it may be that the need for servicing has come

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I do not think my ups is being overloaded as it can provide a maximum of 390W power but currently,it is providing around 200W-i have verified this using powerchute plus,the diagnostic utility that was included with my ups.

If it requires servicing,i'll need to contact their customer care department.Can someone kindly provide me with the phone number and address of APC's service center in Kolkata?I tried looking for it on apc-india's website but could not find it anywhere.I require it urgently as this issue with my ups is becoming really annoying.

hot zubs

live life king like...
This is the customer care number for bangalore - 08039022272, u can call them and ask about kolkata...

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
@hot zubs
Thanks but i don't think that'll be of any use.

@hot zubs:
It seems,you too are using a similar UPS i.e. the BackUPS ES 650-this is also the one that i'm using.

Last edited:

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@hot zubs
Thanks but i don't think that'll be of any use.

@hot zubs:
It seems,you too are using a similar UPS i.e. the BackUPS ES 650-this is also the one that i'm using.

Better you ask the shop from where you have bought it. I am also using the same UPS for last 1 year.

Top Bottom