5800: Go for it or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Makarand_Jadhav

Thanks a lot for ur replies, Cool G5 & Tamoghno.
Actually, I m thanking u because a few of my questions were left unanswered in a few threads. People just tend to ignore the threads that they had started coz they've got their doubts cleared.

Anyway, Cool G5, I m not one of those people who just throws the phone on the bed. I care a lot of my things. I have been using Ngage QD for the past 5 years & I might've dropped it some 4-5 times. Besides, I m having second thoughts about 5800, because of the touchscreen. Do u think N79 will be a better option? Coz high quality music from the loudspeakers is my only concern.

Tamoghno. I have a question for u as well.
How long hav u been using 5800? Have u had any problems with it? Does the touch screen really have issues? Coz one of my friends had made a kinda survey where he found some problems with the touchscreen.

Now the only option b4 me is N79. Please u guys, if u differ, please gimme another option. Also let me know if I should stick to 5800. Coz camera is really not my concern, Its only the music, good & high quality from the loudspeakers.

P.S. I wanna stick to Nokia only.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Err I am one of those who throws phone to bed:lol:....cant we put in some leather case so that it dont get damage that way...or any type of cover/case to prevent screen damage and jerk...

Vensanga

Journeyman
i think u should go for N79..even with tender care the 5800 touchscreen will surely wear out after 1 or 2 yrs..if ur planning to use the phne for a short period thats fine but if its gonna last more than 3 or 4 yrs u better get N79..plus i hope u no abt the new version and old version of 5800,its ok if u can get the old one which has much more accessories and stuff but it may be hard to find..

k4ce

Youngling
can any one tell me where from i can get quick office and adobe reader for my 5800 please

Go to Downloads app ... run it .. In Business section, office, reader and zip manager can be downloaded from. Its free ... No registration is needed ...

M

Makarand_Jadhav

i think u should go for N79..even with tender care the 5800 touchscreen will surely wear out after 1 or 2 yrs..if ur planning to use the phne for a short period thats fine but if its gonna last more than 3 or 4 yrs u better get N79..plus i hope u no abt the new version and old version of 5800,its ok if u can get the old one which has much more accessories and stuff but it may be hard to find..

This is the nicest advice that I might've got related to mobiles.
Thanks A Tonne, Vensanga. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Makarand_Jadhav - Anytime dude. I too am a cautious user & love to keep all my things safe. :)

drsubhadip

In the zone
Go to Downloads app ... run it .. In Business section, office, reader and zip manager can be downloaded from. Its free ... No registration is needed ...

when opening download ovi store comes up.
but when i want to get ovi store it is tell ing that certificate expired.. so no installation of ovi store.
so what do i do?

k4ce

Youngling
ovi store does not come up ... i tried it just now just to be sure ... You hae an option of installing ovi store .. but don bother ... its useless ... u should not get any cert error from nokia and related sites and sftwares

drsubhadip

In the zone
ovi store does not come up ... i tried it just now just to be sure ... You hae an option of installing ovi store .. but don bother ... its useless ... u should not get any cert error from nokia and related sites and sftwares

but it is giving the certificate error?
what do i do?
do i hack the phone?

k4ce

Youngling
yes u can ... it hardly takes time ... get ur cert ... it only takes a day to get one ... But u dont need it for studd from 'Downloads' app ... I installed them before hacking mine ...

drsubhadip

In the zone
which date ?
i do not understand tamoghno...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
how to hack 5800...
please tellme

Last edited:

kelly

Broken In
i used ovi store in nokia 5800 it's working fine download lots of apps for my mobile...like:-
Resident Evil
this theme based on cool ngage game resident evil degeneration...also you can select scary music as ringtone and sms tone...

*nds2.fds-download.nokia.com/fdp/interface/DC_OviStore/ResEvil_copy-192x192_.jpg?fid=A0D63WGOAQPUHR

Download from ovi store
*store.ovi.com/content/7718D49658DD0DC6E040050A87324F87?clickSource=homepage

Million Dollar Poker

this is a poker game's music theme...yes you can select poker music as ringtone,and msg tone

*nds2.fds-download.nokia.com/fdp/interface/DC_OviStore/Copy_of_MDP_copy-192x192_.jpg?fid=A0D63WYSLKXPEB

Download from ovi store
*store.ovi.com/content/7718D49658DF0DC6E040050A87324F87?clickSource=homepage

If you're getting certificate error from nokia's own service than i'm 99% sure that your date in phone settings is wrong. Do check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom