560ti in sli(1gb+2gb)

coolgame

Journeyman
hey guyz, this question is really bothering me that will i be able to use the 2gb of vram if i run 2 560ti cards 1 as 1gb and the other as 2gb?i was going to buy a 580.because the 560ti sli being better,lacks in vram.i like all my setting to be maxed out in crysis and would like to do so in the future game giants like battlefield 3.the 560ti sli stutters at 16xQ AA in crysis but shows 50+ fps.it always has to be dropped to 8xAA.the 580 on the other hand plays smoothly at the max settings but at lower fps.i know vram is important for loading all the high textures but does it make a massive difference in when the AA is raised?gaming restircted to 1080p

rajan1311

Padawan
single card setup is always better bro....lesser software issues, generally cooler system too...so think again imo..

hey guyz, this question is really bothering me that will i be able to use the 2gb of vram if i run 2 560ti cards 1 as 1gb and the other as 2gb?

You'll only get 1GB VRAM because video memory is always mirrored when there is more than one video card.
Example: 1GB card + 2GB card = 1GB usable VRAM in multi-GPU form.

i was going to buy a 580.because the 560ti sli being better,lacks in vram.i like all my setting to be maxed out in crysis and would like to do so in the future game giants like battlefield 3.the 560ti sli stutters at 16xQ AA in crysis but shows 50+ fps.it always has to be dropped to 8xAA.the 580 on the other hand plays smoothly at the max settings but at lower fps.i know vram is important for loading all the high textures but does it make a massive difference in when the AA is raised?gaming restircted to 1080p

Within 1080p, 1.5GB GTX 580 is more than enough to play any game at highest settings at excellent fps. 3GB GTX 580 is only needed for multi-monitor setups.

Go for GTX 580 without hesitation. I hear that 3GB GTX 580 is available @ 28.5k, which is just 1.5k more than 1.5GB GTX 580, so you might wanna go for that one if you're looking for gaming in a 30" monitor in future or use Nvidia Surround.

Piyush

Lanaya
well you dont require that much VRAM either
SLI 1gb cards and they would be enough

and regarding your AA query:
see VRAM's basic function is to provide enough headroom for textures to load in higher resolutions
so if you want to judge the graphic card's power while gaming with AA on, then check these factors:
-->VRAM
-->Streamed processors
-->GPU core clock
and to some extent memory bandwidth and its clock

so its wiser to make a note of these factors too while looking for your best card

you can get some more info on AA here

TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide

Anti-Aliasing Analysis, Part 1: Settings And Surprises : Defining Anti-Aliasing

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ That will be a great option. Should be around 28k. Smc will have it on their site on the next update.

Top Bottom