50K PC for gaming and designing in chennai

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Barracuda... Have seen both of them failing and succeding. WD has door to door pick up for RMA but Seagate has less failure rate.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Get WD Caviar blue instead. Its the better bet.

@ mandar - actually its the other way round. Seagate's failure rate has increased quite a bit in recent years and hence its reputation has been on a downfall.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
okay I'll swap Sniper with Ripjaws or is Vengeance better?

here the exact street price will be in *www.challengerpage.in/pricelist
but unfortunately its not workin for the past one week.

I do understand your point but what i meant by that is people here don't know the difference between a GTX580 and a GT 240, their tech knowledge is like "i have a 1gb nvidia card" and all they mind is the game to run , they dont care about fps, resolution, AA n all that. Even my parents will go mad when they come to know that the most expensive part of the pc is the GPU. coz they dont want their children to play games. hahaha... okay lets put all that aside. I'm happy with this config. I really respect ur suggestions but my budget is 55k and this costs me around 65k..

ya I understand that, that's happening with me also that's y m not telling about the g.card to my parent, i m making excuses like I m buying the latest processor which costs more...

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Stay away from Antec X1 ...cable management is a serious issue.
Better off with NZXT Beto Evo or a Source 210 Elite.
For HDD get a Toshiba DT01ACA series or Seagate Barracuda or a WD Caviar Blue.

The WD Greens are best for Internal or External storage.

Last edited:

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Get WD Caviar blue instead. Its the better bet.

@ mandar - actually its the other way round. Seagate's failure rate has increased quite a bit in recent years and hence its reputation has been on a downfall.

I've seen two greens of my friends going kaput in this year :-( and have never used Green myself. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 had very serious issues due to bad firmware coding but the versions available now are very reliable. Have been using a 1TB barracuda for more than a year now and previous one was also a barracuda 7200.12 500GB. I trust WD with blue and black but not with green :p

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ True as per reviewers... but you can OC 7950 like anything. It can reach the clock speeds of 7970 And then it competes with 670 :wink:
I'm able to push 7950 to 1050 MHz core & 1500 MHz memory. The performance difference is bang on when OCed.

Take a look at this - HD7950 CrossFireX Scaling Review
See how the FPS increases when we overclock a HD7950.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@Aswath Kumaravel

When gtx660-ti was launched hd7950 didn't have boost,neither did AMD had released catalyst12.11 drivers then.
Then both these cards traded blows in games.Things have changed.
Check more of some the recent reviews,you would find hd7950 somewhat ahead of gtx660ti.In some reviews both are quite close though.
Also in some games hd7950 is able to push for more image quality levels.
If there is not a considerable amount of price difference between the two then hd7950 is the one to go for.

OP
Aswath Kumaravel

Aswath Kumaravel

Broken In
oh kay... So which is good from these two
Sapphire AMD HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card vs Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 With Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Compare Graphics Cards: Flipkart.com

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Flex edition is for multi monitor setup. Get the Vapor-X edition as it'll provide better cooling perfromance - SAPPHIRE GRAPHIC CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC WITH BOOST

OP
Aswath Kumaravel

Aswath Kumaravel

Broken In
Flex edition is for multi monitor setup. Get the Vapor-X edition as it'll provide better cooling perfromance - SAPPHIRE GRAPHIC CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC WITH BOOST

Price is very low in this site... do they ship to chennai? vapor x version not available here

also how about this mobo/
*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-990fxa-ud3-motherboard/p/itmdef8m7gzjggjt?pid=MBDDEF8YXRBBSZP7&ref=a2662ddf-7ca0-40dd-acea-78d9faa48e1a

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Price is very low in this site... do they ship to chennai? vapor x version not available here

also how about this mobo/
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard: Flipkart.com

Yes they ship all over India. Contact Vedant as well - +(91)-(33)-22537597, they don't have web-shop but a couple of TDF members got sweet deals from them.

The Gigabyte mobo is similar to MSI one I mentioned. Your choice whether to go for MSI or Gigabyte.

OP
Aswath Kumaravel

Aswath Kumaravel

Broken In
Yes that's a good idea too. It would be the most VFM crossfire setup.
awesome!! so now suggest me the best 7850 out there :mrgreen:
what about this? This is the highest factory OCed card Gigabyte AMD GV-R7850OC-2GD 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com

The Gigabyte mobo is similar to MSI one I mentioned. Your choice whether to go for MSI or Gigabyte.
But the Gigabyte has 4 PciEs whereas Msi has two, and in the box of the gig mobo it says "best of 2011" so is it outdated?
and also all these mobos have PciE 2.0 but the cards nowadays are PciE 3.0 na?

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Yes that Gigabyte one is good OC card at that price point..

Related to PCIe... all these boards are based on 990FX chipset which does not support PCIe 3.0. In fact AMD is yet to release a PCIe 3.0 chipset and they don't have any plans for new chipset till Q2 2013, thats why 990FX is a bit old chipset since it was released in jan 2011, compared to latest Intel ones.. But don't worry, 2.0 or 3.0 wont affect you much because of how the AMD chipsets are connected with the AMD CPU (its a bit technical detail). In short 990FX is the best chipset available right now for AM3+ socket so go ahead with it and PCIe 3.0 cards are backward compatible.

Will you be going for 4ways CrossFireX rig? only in that case those 4 slots on gigabyte would be justified.

Top Bottom