5.1 speakers

hirenvira

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for 5.1 speakers for my home in the range of Rs. 2500-3000. I am being offered Philips DSP50N for Rs. 3000/-, but I can't find product information anywhere on the web. So I am a bit confused. Please guide me whether I should accept the offer or is there any better product available in my budget.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@rajnusker, OP needs a 5.1 & VS4621 is not that good..

@hirenvira, welcome to thinkdigit forums... So u need a 5.1 for ur PC/TV/DVD player ?

andcha

Broken In
Even I am looking 5.1 speakers and they will be attached to TV.
Purpose is movies, music, games.

andcha

Broken In
Good suggestion. Can you suggest something similar to or better Flipkart.com: JBL Harman Kardon Soundsticks III: Speaker

andcha

Broken In
Something similar (looks wise) to Flipkart.com: JBL Harman Kardon Soundsticks III: Speaker but only 5.1 which can be connected to VIERA TH-P42ST30D | Panasonic

Minion

Conversation Architect
OP doesn't need any remote buddy he can control volume through T.V remote.:))

The link says it costs Rs. 7,145. It doesn't come with a 'Remote' either. Guess I can't use it with my Toshiba 24PS10ZE TV.

No buddy it will cost you 4,500 logitech quote is outdated.

OP
H

hirenvira

Right off the assembly line
@rajnusker, OP needs a 5.1 & VS4621 is not that good..

@hirenvira, welcome to thinkdigit forums... So u need a 5.1 for ur PC/TV/DVD player ?

Yes Sir! I need to connect the speakers to my LG LED 5300 TV. Please suggest a good option. When I inquired about Philips DSP50N, I was told that there is a manufacturing defect so company has withdrawn the product and its selling the same at much cheaper rates along with other products through some dealers. Thanks.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The Logitech Z506 is a good option for ur budget.. But wont be able to experience the 5.1 split/surround unless the source(TV in ur case) supports 5.1 channel..

johnybravojr

Broken In
The Logitech Z506 is a good option for ur budget.. But wont be able to experience the 5.1 split/surround unless the source(TV in ur case) supports 5.1 channel..

Can you suggest me a speaker system with remote control to connect to my TV? Budget 3000-4500.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
U need 2.1/5.1?? I'm saying this again, if u connect to TV u wont be able to get 5.1 effect..

As TV's audio source is stereo...

andcha

Broken In
You are right johnybravojr, the sound of the speakers cannot be controlled through TV. I've just bought Edifier DA5000 pro and have paired it with Panasonic TH-P42ST30D, sound can be controlled only through the RC provided, though I am able to control it through Tata Sky+ STB. Also, I am able to get audio out of all speakers when plugged into headphone jack of the TV, which, I guess completes the 5.1 thing but I am not sure whether the audio quality is up to mark or not, still, I am satisfied.

johnybravojr

Broken In
U need 2.1/5.1?? I'm saying this again, if u connect to TV u wont be able to get 5.1 effect..

As TV's audio source is stereo...

I want a decent 5.1 setup(I'm not looking for the hi-end stuff, just simple surround sound for movies and video songs)I have mentioned the specifications of my TV "HERE". What I did not mention there was the need for 'Remote Control', and there is a small change in the budget.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Also, I am able to get audio out of all speakers when plugged into headphone jack of the TV, which, I guess completes the 5.1 thing but I am not sure whether the audio quality is up to mark or not

There will be o/p through all the speakers but the purpose of a 5.1 is not served.. As it works as stereo and not multi-channel...

just simple surround sound for movies and video songs

U cant get this as your TV doesnt have multi-channel o/p...

You can consider Edifier M3500 (with remote) available for 3900-4000.
Do try before you buy.
That is a good option if u need RC included... But SQ-wise, Z506>M3500

Top Bottom