5.1 speakers for my Philips DVD Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Recently I bought Philips DVP5965K/96 DVD player and am looking for good set of 5.1 speakers for this model.

Connectivity specs for the player: Analog audio Left/Right out, ComponentVideo out Progressive, Composite video (CVBS) output, Digital coaxial out, HDMI output

Since normal PC speakers cannot be connected to this player, someone please suggest good models that I can get in Bangalore. Budget is 6k.

bump :)

Last edited:

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
I hope DVD 5965 doesn't have a buildin Decoder. To connect them to 5.1 speakers, you need a DTS/Dolby decoder(unless you have 6 RCA/3 TRS Pins) in the DVD Player. Connect the 'Digital out' of the Player to the decoder like Creative DDTS100 to get 5.1 output.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
VideoEditingIndia said:
I hope DVD 5965 doesn't have a buildin Decoder. To connect them to 5.1 speakers, you need a DTS/Dolby decoder(unless you have 6 RCA/3 TRS Pins) in the DVD Player. Connect the 'Digital out' of the Player to the decoder like Creative DDTS100 to get 5.1 output.

Thanks for the reply. Yes. After searching hundreds of sites, I found this but Creative have stopped manufacturing DDTS100. Do you know any other company that is manufacturing decoders?

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Are you sure? I found DDTS100 was available in stock, one week before.

Try any digital 5.1 speakers(with buildin Decoders) which support Digital Input via cooxial

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
VideoEditingIndia said:
Are you sure? I found DDTS100 was available in stock, one week before.

Try any digital 5.1 speakers(with buildin Decoders) which support Digital Input via cooxial

Can you give me location where you saw that. I have checked with Compuage India (bangalore) and they said that this model is discontinued.

Yes. digital 5.1 speakers is my last option as they cost >15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom