5.1 speaker system

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I was rummaging though my store room when I found an entire set of 5.1 speaker system (Intex 4800IT)..It seems to be fully functional but I have NO idea how to hook it up with my PC..
My PC doesnt have a PCIE sound card.. Im a noob when it comes to speaker setups..
Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to hook it up?
I cant post pics as my phone isnt working..
Thx in advance
PS:eek:ut of the 5 pieces of speakers, it is missing the center piece

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Bump ? No one wants to help ?

subwoofer.png
Ive made a schematic for the back of my subwoofer..these are all RCA plugs but the back of my speakers have only +/- RedBlack Speaker wire terminals (The clip types)
What kind of cables do I need and which port on my subwoofer is the input ?
and how do I connect it to PC ? Do I get a 3.5 mm to RCA converter ?
Plz reply ASAP
(thx in advance)

--------------
last bump
--------------

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are NO 3.5 mm jacks on my subwoofer.. WTH do I do ? It has 2 sets of RCA Plugs.. Which one among them is input

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
For connecting the PC to the 5.1 amp, you will need three 3.5 mm to 2 RCA cables. These are easily available in any electronics store for less than 50Rs. They are also available in ebay.in. Search for 3.5mm RCA cable.

For connecting the speakers to the amp you will need speaker cables with RCA pins at one end. Connect the other bare end to the spring clips of the speakers. Speaker wires usually don't come with RCA pins so you will need to buy speaker cables and RCA pins separately from electronics stores and solder them.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yup, I bought a bunch of 3.5 mm stereo pins, some RCA plugs, and some speaker wire..
You did specify that i need 3 3.5 mm to 2 RCA cables..
My PC has 3 audio ports on the back side
Line in, Line out and Mic..
Tell me, how do I connect the 3.5 mm to 2 RCA cables and to which ports
So far, I have tried making a single assymetrical RCA to 3.5 mm jack..
connecting the 3.5 mm jack to the green jack and one of the RCA cable on other end to the SW (Subwoofer) of AC3 AUX..
I can hear the bass from the subwoofer.. but it seems asymmetrical
Can you please give me a diagram how to connect each speaker and subwoofer wire
Really appreciate your help

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
First of all set your speaker system to 5.1 in sound control panel. When you set the speakers in 5.1 mode, the Line IN and Mic In will be used for speaker outs like the line in may be for the two rear speakers and the mic in for center channel and subwoofer out. Usually the audio software (like Realtek) will show you which pin out corresponds to what speakers. For connecting the pc out to the 5.1 amp, use 3 3.5mm to RCA cable. You need this cable - 3.5 MM Stereo Male to 2 RCA Male GOLD PLATED Audio Cable, 1.5 Meter | eBay. Plug the 3.5mm pin to the line out of the PC and the Red RCA to Front Right input of the amp and White RCA to Front Left input. Sometimes you will need to swap the RCA pins if the speakers are not sounding in order.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
THANKS A LOT MAN
YOU MADE MY DAY

1 more question, since I am missing the center speaker,
can i use a single RCA to 3.5 mm jack for Subwoofer instead of 2 RCA to 3.5 mm jack
How do I connect the wires inside the 3.5 mm jack ? as it has 3 terminals.. presumably, 1 right, 1 left and 1 ground
If I connect subwoofer to left, should I leave right as blank ? (as it should have been center speaker)

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
You can use a single RCA pin leaving other unused, but you may have to test it so that the selected cable is actually sending SW signals. This you can do in the control panel by sending test tones. Without CC, you will not be able to enjoy 5.1 movies, because most dialogues in a movie are through the CC. Get a suitable speaker for the CC also. I think you can set the speaker system to 4.1 in your PC, but buying an additional speaker is recommended.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
For such entry level 5.1 speaker systems, you can use any speakers as center channel. Usually these speakers have an impedence of 4 ohms. To be on the safer side use 8 ohm speaker when you select one.

hars1988

Broken In
:-D i got this setup

but now using kenstar speakers with intex woopher

am having problem with my unit as it bass is not accurate(miss fires and boooooooom like rattling sound)in some scenes of movies like horror bgm
is that normal ?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
:-D i got this setup

but now using kenstar speakers with intex woopher

am having problem with my unit as it bass is not accurate(miss fires and boooooooom like rattling sound)in some scenes of movies like horror bgm
is that normal ?

Boominess is a problem with all low cost home theater boxes. You will need to invest in some Rs. 25K+ systems to have satisfactory results. Even these HTs are not free from boominess and rattling. That is why audiophiles go for high end subwoofers which alone can cost 25-30K minimum.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Boominess is a problem with all low cost home theater boxes. You will need to invest in some Rs. 25K+ systems to have satisfactory results. Even these HTs are not free from boominess and rattling. That is why audiophiles go for high end subwoofers which alone can cost 25-30K minimum.

man you are an audio pro dude.. I just cant thank you enough
:-D

hars1988

Broken In

will sure go for highend setup in future
but is there any way to minimize this using GE settings
i used several predefined settings but only dance setting minimizes this unwanted misfiring but not up to the mark
can u suggest me manual setting (sorry am noob)

my setup is
intex it4800 woofer with kenstar connected to hp dv6 6o17tx(with beats) and am not usin center speaker as lappy wont give 5.1 output

*s20.postimg.org/shp5bzxsd/DSC00553.jpg
upload pic

*s20.postimg.org/h6mhnmqx9/DSC00554.jpg
image hosting sites

*s20.postimg.org/s7hmsnj65/DSC00555.jpg
image sharing

*s20.postimg.org/ymgnpbpvx/DSC00556.jpg
photo sharing

*s20.postimg.org/58kx9qn65/DSC00558.jpg
photo hosting

please suggest me best possible settings for watching movies:-D and for listening songs:-D

thanks in advance

hars1988

Broken In
very easy buddy

as these boxes are light in weight
you just need a hammer,headless nails,wood pieces

first make holes on the back of the box and wall (just little holes 1cm are enough as shown in pic)

*s20.postimg.org/434cr0yq5/DSC00559.jpg
image hosting free

yo can see my previous setup

*s20.postimg.org/a1i619hot/DSC00419.jpg
photo hosting

*s20.postimg.org/gt8l446od/DSC00428.jpg
free photo hosting

you just need 1cm holes in both box and wall

and use headless nail for mounting

Top Bottom