4K TV within 40K ? Anything Available ?

@omega44-xt Finally bit the Bullet and Purchased Hisense U6K the other day from Reliance Digital for 46K with a 3 years default warranty and 2 years extended Warranty which came as a bonus perk on my credit card. So in total I have 5 Years of Warranty on this TV.

Now I am looking to use this TV with the best possible settings and calibration, can you suggest me how do I keep the settings to view this TV in its best format ?
That's grossly overpriced any way you look at it, unless it is 65".

I keep motion smoothening to minimum (not called minimum) or off. Others are default on A6K we have.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
That's grossly overpriced any way you look at it, unless it is 65".

I keep motion smoothening to minimum (not called minimum) or off. Others are default on A6K we have.

It is a little superior than A6K as the U6K offers Local Array Dinning giving more deeper Blacks. And it is a 2023 model.

What according to you should have been the good price to pick up the U6K ?

And how does keeping motion smoothening to minimum and off help ? What does it do ?

It is a little superior than A6K as the U6K offers Local Array Dinning giving more deeper Blacks. And it is a 2023 model.

What according to you should have been the good price to pick up the U6K ?

And how does keeping motion smoothening to minimum and off help ? What does it do ?
I did mention sometime earlier that U6K found on EU/US that is reviewed by rtings.com is not the one sold in India, Indian 55" U6K claims 32 zones vs 120 zones claimed in rtings.com. Hence I recommended A6K instead or cheap Samsung/LG models or Sony X74K.

Do a FALD test, to see those zones:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3So8OFdqcdA
Like for my monitor I can't see any light zones turning on/off. On OLEDs as well you won't see any zones turning on/off because each pixel is a light source there (perfect panel). But in cheap TVs with say 32 zones, etc, you can see the zone transition with visible light trails.

Anyways, enjoy your purchase. As I mentioned, even a 55" A6K will feel like a big improvement to you, so U6K will definitely be a huge improvement.

I don't like the soap opera effect that motion smoothening results in, hence I keep it off usually or low (put it at low for Panasonic 4K TV with my parents, off for flatmate's A6K). Experiment yourself & see. Bigger brands handle motion smoothening much better. I checked a friend's LG G3 last weekend, he had motion smoothening on & the cricket match on Sunday did look great on it even though I hate it on other TVs which are usually cheaper (it is LG's flagship TV, so obviously its great).

__bychance

Right off the assembly line
Yes, A6K is fine. My friend has the base Vu 4K 43", it is similar, just that Vu had better speakers.

Yes, I will recommend X74K over UR8050 for 50k budget. But my primary recommendation will remain the base LG or Samsung model. Sony is known for its colour tuning. If possible check X74K vs UR8050 in showroom, take your content to play on both TVs. Control settings like vivid mode, brightness, etc as much as possible.

Again, even Hisense A6K 55" will be a big upgrade for you. Get a 5k soundbar with woofer (TV speakers have its limits) along with it for a great experience overall at 35k. Get Hisense only if you have their service centre in your city.
buy toshiba m650 during sale period.

Top Bottom